What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

RAM or CPU causing problems?

DarylDixon

Hello everyone,,
I had to remove my 2133Mhz quad channel kit and replaced it with a 1600Mhz dual channel kit I had lying around. I was getting a lot upcoming movies netflix free trial free netflix of crashing with no BSOD and having to hard reset. Once I put the CPU back to stock settings (was at 4.2 or 4.3 previously), I started getting BSOD instead of a lock up but a lot more frequent crashing problems.

Do you think this is a problem of the memory controller in the CPU not being able to handle the memory or a problem with my memory? What's your best suggestion to test? Would you say just trying to run the memory at lower speeds?

Last edited:

Bond007

Try testing one stick of the 2133 at a time. May be a bad stick.were you using XMP to load the ram freq/timings?

djbrad

Put the bios to default (cpu / ram speed) and test each stick as suggested and also the cpu. UBCD should have everything you need without having to reinstall the os.

If you have onboard gpu on the cpu, use this instead for the tests (could be a gpu problem).

Twitter