What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

random Black screen of death heh!

Patramix

Hello

last month i upgraded to a GTX 1070, last week i started getting problems, as my screens would flicker a few times then go black, sometimes i would keep seeing my mouse cursor(and move it). this happen at random time while using the pc, not at boot up.

it started the same day i installed some old legacy software, so i uninstalled that and did a system restore to a few days before, it seemed to have fixed it, but it started back up last night

the problem seem to mostly happen when i am on youtube or twitch for some reason... when gaming it doesn't happen.

anyone got any ideas ?

windows 10 pro 64bit.

Last edited:

Sagath

Staff member
Even with a system restore this could be a lingering driver issue. I've had this exact issue but under Win7

Try a clean nV install. If that doesn't work I can only tell you that I had to reformat to fix it. I hope it doesn't come to that for you.

Prickly007

Could it be an issue with monitor settings? I seem to recall GTX 970/980s had a similar issue, when hooked up via the (mini-) display port.

Sagath

Staff member
Have you tried just one monitor, and then the other monitor to see if it might be monitor dependent?

Twitter