What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Random BSOD/Reboot

Ctech

Specs of the system in question:

• Rampage III Black
  • i7 980x
  • 24GB RAM
  • 2x Vertex 3 240GB Max IOPS (previously was just one Vertex 2)
  • Antec TPQ-850w
  • GTX 580

Here's what happens:

At random times, I will hear the device removed sound, and moments later a blue screen and reboot. The Vertex 3's are in RAID 0 on the Marvell controller. When the reboot occurs, one of the SSDs disappears. HOWEVER, this is not the cause of it as previously just one Vertex 2 was on the Intel controller and the issue persisted.

So for troubleshooting:

• Rampage III Black - RMA'd, still BSOD
  • i7 980x - RMA'd, still BSOD
  • 24GB RAM - tried 12GB from a stable system, still BSOD
  • 2x Vertex 3 240GB Max IOPS (previously was just one Vertex 2) - switched to Vertex 2, still BSOD
  • GTX 580 - switched with another from a stable system, still BSOD
  • Windows 7 - reinstalled fresh, still BSOD

Which leaves just the power supply. I'm not too fond of pulling all the wires out to try another. Tried a power supply tester, and it appeared fine. But since it's the only part that hasn't been replaced, could it be causing the issue?

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Latest posts

Twitter