What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

random crashes

misterd

I have almost the same motherboard (Premium instead of E) and I was using the same ram, I did have a stick fail and had to RMA with Crucial. I suggest running Memtest for at least 5+ in my opinion. It should pass maybe 10 runs before I say it's happy. Let it go overnight for a sure thing. AFAIK that ram wanted some voltage too.. like 2.0 volts according to the Crucial webpage. (Had to look - i forgot)

Varroa

I just had a similar problem on a brand new NF4 Ultra board. After working with OCZ to find the problem it turned out to be a bios setting. I had the "software" memory hole enabled in the bios which was causing all the problems. I enabled it when I enabled the "hardware" memory hole since the hardware one was required. Once I disabled the software memory hole all my random BSOD and other crashes went away.

tzetsin

well, memtest ran rock solid for 40 minutes, 0 errors. As for the video drivers, I updated last night, after the troubles started, and nothing changed.

so the memory's probably alright. any other suggestions?
I just want to make sure, you DID go to safemode and uninstall the vid driver with DRIVERSWEEPER right? This is the key, reinstalling/updating vid drivers overtop of old ones, or even using the uninstaller is what causes the driver crashes in the first place.

Also,

i had a p5k with crucial ballistix ram that worked great for a long time, then had the random crashes even passed overnite memtest ( on the attempts that didnt crash before i got back to it ) those crucial ramsticks are notoriously bad for this. This is why you can buy 2 gig kits for 30 bucks.

enaberif

well, memtest ran rock solid for 40 minutes, 0 errors. As for the video drivers, I updated last night, after the troubles started, and nothing changed.

so the memory's probably alright. any other suggestions?
40 minutes isn't long enough.

Memtest needs to hit the test #5 or #6 to find any real errors. Let memtest run for a couple of hours.. or let it run over night when you go to bed.

I've had memtest pass in in an hour but after 3 hours it failed.

tom.mullie

I managed to track down some new RAM to test with. Its definitely looking like it was the old RAM's fault. thanks for all the help guys.

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Latest posts

Twitter