What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Random restarts after flashing Bios and adding RAM

Specter

My story:
After noticing that 4 GB was not enough for my multitastking, I decided to buy the same kit I bought before (2x2GB) to fill all the 4 slots on my motherboard (MSI h67ma-e45).
However with all the slots filled, my system was not starting. So I flashed my bios to version 1.E with msi live update.
With my new bios version I could start my system but then random restarts started appearing. I tried to change some stuff in bios settings but nothing worked.
I am attaching cpu-z screenshots, please let me know if you see anything wrong.
If you need more information feel free to ask. If you have any idea how I can solve my issue, please tell me.
thanks

ps: some additional information: I have an i5 2500, use windows 7 home premium 64 bit. The new kit I bought was supposed to be identical to the first one I bought. But I dont know what is wrong.

Attachments

sswilson

Staff member
Have you tried the system with only one set of memory? If the issue goes away then you can focus on memory / NB.

zsamz_

up the voltage on ram to 1.55v

msi is known to have issues with ram
set timings manually or use epg

and what ram you are using.. specs

If changing the voltage doesn't work, I would remove the new ram, and clear the board. If everything boots fine you know your bios flash worked fine. Also knowing specs on both sets of ram would be helpful?

Specter

all i know about the ram comes from those photos. they are 1600 mhz. In the first and third slot there are the first couple. In the others are the new ones.

Specter

Here is something interesting I found. I left my computer on with the task manager on. It was on performance tab. When I came back I noticed my PC was frozen exactly at the working time of 2 hours and 45 minutes. Could this mean anything?

KaptCrunch

Here is something interesting I found. I left my computer on with the task manager on. It was on performance tab. When I came back I noticed my PC was frozen exactly at the working time of 2 hours and 45 minutes. Could this mean anything?
cpu or ram issues

Latest posts

Twitter