What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

'47 Knucklehead

This is why OCN sucks. Biased moderators who intentionally are doing stuff like this to try to get you perma banned just to shut you up because they don't agree with your CPU/GPU choices (or in the case of BretJV, your politics).

6imkdDN.jpg

sswilson

Staff member
Dear Manufacturer......

If your device incorporates an auxiliary slot for adding external storage and is dependent on automatically accessing information stored on that storage, please make the process seamless when using either built-in or add-on storage.

I'm looking at you Garmin..... I shouldn't have to perform open heart surgery on the file structure every time I load new maps..... I've got more than enough room on the aux SD card. :angry2::angry2:

sswilson

Staff member
Hate it when some random voltage seems to set itself in bios..... been looking at my processor temps for the last little while thinking that my AIO cooler might be going on the fritz. I was seeing stock cpu temps under load that were at least 20c higher than I remembered them being even under full OC settings.

Tried adjusting various accessible voltages from bios to no avail and was just about ready to slap a stock cooler onto the processor to see if the temp was cpu or cooler related, but decided to do a full cmos reset first......

Voila!!!! Back to normal temps, and crisis averted. :)

Now to try dialing my OC back in.

zoob

No OC profiles on your board? Those things are a life saver, though I hate when they wipe out after a BIOS update.

After discovering my monitor has unadvertised Freesync, I found out my GPU has bad VRAM. Trying to get an RMA is like pulling teeth.

sswilson

Staff member
There are OC profiles, but I'm concerned that they might be the source of the problem in the first place. :)

I'm not shooting for some kind of silly on the edge OC anyways so it won't take me long to dial something in.

sswilson

Staff member
Grrrrrr......

Just noticed (while attempting to hang halloween decorations) that there are wasps that appear to be entering the roof of my house through a raised shingle at the corner. That's got me thinking that I've probably got a bloody nest inside the roof......

Nothing quite as pleasant sounding as having to enter my loft through the trap door to check for a wasps nest at the far end of of the loft...... I don't particularly treasure the thought of being swarmed up there.....

edit: I'm thinking there might be something like this in my near future......

http://www.amazon.ca/Beekeeping-Jac...qid=1444366636&sr=8-7&keywords=beekeeping+hat

Last edited:

MacJunky

Seal the hole in the middle of the night when they are not active and let them die inside? Next spring toss up a fake nest? *shrug*

Whatever you do, make sure it is cold so they will be less active. If you really piss em off they will fire up anyway but you have more time and can get closer.

sswilson

Staff member
Seal the hole in the middle of the night when they are not active and let them die inside? Next spring toss up a fake nest? *shrug*

Whatever you do, make sure it is cold so they will be less active. If you really piss em off they will fire up anyway but you have more time and can get closer.

Apparently all of the workers will die during the winter anyways so I might just wait until winter since it's not a case of them currently swarming anybody or appearing to be entering the living spaces of our house.

I'll probably give the entrance a shot this weekend and then have a closer look for the hive (and queen hibernate ball) once the temps drop down.

WolfBane

yea i got a great big nest out in a vinyal shed and have just left it alone besides soaking it with wasps killer ina can
i fiquere leave the dead nest and others will not build there again:)

Latest posts

Twitter