What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

Dwayne

Online retail that shows in stock for days after you place your order... and then when you send them an inquiry because they partial shipped your order, they change the item to "back order" available in 2 - 3 weeks. After they charged my credit card. Not impressed at all NCIX, not impressed.

dustin1706

Online retail that shows in stock for days after you place your order... and then when you send them an inquiry because they partial shipped your order, they change the item to "back order" available in 2 - 3 weeks. After they charged my credit card. Not impressed at all NCIX, not impressed.
This just happened to me with a 1080ti at NCIX as well. It showed in stock, ordered it, CC was charged on 11-March. Shipped on 27-March. Quite annoying as had I know, I would been able to pick it up in person at a MemEx sooner than that.

Dwayne

This just happened to me with a 1080ti at NCIX as well. It showed in stock, ordered it, CC was charged on 11-March. Shipped on 27-March. Quite annoying as had I know, I would been able to pick it up in person at a MemEx sooner than that.
I think I could have sourced my product elsewhere as well, and I feel it was dishonest of them. I have had nothing but good experiences for well over 10 years with NCIX, but this one leaves me a tad sour.

Prickly007

I have had nothing but good experiences for well over 10 years with NCIX, but this one leaves me a tad sour.
I had a similar experience in trying to order an Ethernet cable, first attempt it was on sale and in stock but, upon enquiring a week later, it IS available from their supplier. Ordered a different cable (for pick-up), received a UPS tracking number for the transfer from the BC warehouse to the BC pick-up location, but then no email saying the cable was ready for pick-up.

When I picked it up today, they handed me the cable still in its UPS bubble envelope... whole thing seems rather odd. How much are they spending for UPS's standard shipping (within metro-Vancouver) for ~$5 cable.

Arinoth

Staff member
I had that problem with the Logitech Hub at NCIX, showed in stock, they told me it wasn't, their online stock counter still said in stock. A month later I cancelled the order and bought it from Amazon for the same price.

b1lk1

Buying online, to me, has become so much less satisfying as of late instead of the other way around. I simply do not understand how any business in the retail market in today's word cannot keep a current stock level up to date to the minute. Even the banks have fixed the EMT which now comes through nearly instantly. PC retailers should totally be ashamed they are asleep at the switch.

Shadowmeph

using a scanap tpo scan docs using my cell, then trying to find the doc so that I can upload it to my PC and email it is just stupid there has to be an easier way to do this

sswilson

Staff member
Damn!!!!

I didn't realize Civ V ate up so much battery power. (Apparently running in DX9 mode resolves that issue).

sswilson

Staff member
Hrmmmmmm.......

I don't play it all that much any more, but I've just noticed that DIII resets my custom color profile, and the only suggestion online on how to change that behaviour doesn't appear to work.

At first I thought maybe it was the new W10 Gaming mode doing it, but turning that off in settings doesn't resolve the issue.
It's not just DIII, it's happening in civ V as well, and it appears I'm not the only one experiencing it....

https://www.tenforums.com/general-s...ibration-resetting-after-creators-update.html