What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

GregH

Selling our house privately as we need every dollar out of it for the down payment on the new place.
Chucked a listing up on realtor.ca just to give it some more exposure, then had a realtor call and ask if she could show it. Told her we weren't really interested, as we can't afford the $15k or so commission it'd be, but she agreed to drop that to $5k if it sold, so we said sure, but our price will have to go up $5k to accommodate as we're priced below market for a reason.

Anyway, she had some people that wanted to be located further north than we are, so we said well don't bother if they don't like the location, but she insisted that they REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted to see our house, so we agreed.
They were supposed to come last weekend but canceled last minute (after we'd spent the weekend cleaning), then they were supposed to come last Wednesday...canceled again.
Finally, they said they'd come look for sure on Sunday. So my wife and I spent all Friday night and all day Saturday cleaning up the yard as well as the inside of the house. +24 out and we're stuck doing chores.
Anyway, they finally show up on Sunday but decided that they don't even want to look at it because it's not the location they want. They want to be further north :angry2:

MacJunky

I need to step in and be that guy for a moment. If you are trying to sell your house, it should be clean and presentable regardless of who it is sold through. Spending those four days cleaning up early is a good thing because it offers an opportunity to downsize/sort things before you are in a last minute crunch, desperately trying to get out before a new owner takes possession.
The more you can prep ahead of time, the easier and less stressful a move is going to be.

But anyway, that is enough of playing the bad guy for now. :p

GregH

I need to step in and be that guy for a moment. If you are trying to sell your house, it should be clean and presentable regardless of who it is sold through. Spending those four days cleaning up early is a good thing because it offers an opportunity to downsize/sort things before you are in a last minute crunch, desperately trying to get out before a new owner takes possession.
The more you can prep ahead of time, the easier and less stressful a move is going to be.

But anyway, that is enough of playing the bad guy for now. :p

Oh, we've been doing that. Everything that isn't nailed down or being moved with us has already been sold. We actually had to borrow a couple of patio chairs from the mother in law so we could stage our sun room :)

Just tough to keep the dark hardwood floors clean, especially this time of year given we have 3 dogs who need to go outside for bathroom breaks and the yard is full of mud spots right now. Not to mention shedding winter coats.

sswilson

Staff member
So.... the onedrive android app doesn't allow you to specify the SD card for saving offline files? How useless is that?

Uninstalling.

enaberif

Dear Landlord,

When we say we are out by end of day Tuesday that means you should be available. But wait what.. Your in Edmonton and need to drive down...

*facepalm*

Shadowmeph

So today I head out the door get about 6 blocks from my house my truck stalls out exactly the same way as before which I just forked out 1100 to get the fuel pump replaced grrr call the mech that supposed fixed it they sent a tow truck ( 2 hour later as I sat on the side of the road) and while I was talking to person on the phone he was acting like he was doing me a favor sending out a tow truck not charging me for that and lending me a courtesy car . I am very happy that I didn't go the way I was originally going to go which was back roads to the free way because the flat deck they sent would not have had enough room to get my truck on it. now I am sure that they will be saying something like oh it wasn't the fuel pump it was electrical like coil pack or something like that then bill me another few hundred dollars . funny thing is when I first bought this truck a few years back right after I put gas in it the thing would stall out . but then would start again today I put gas in my truck drove it home but that is probably just a coincidence .

Valkyrie

So today I head out the door get about 6 blocks from my house my truck stalls out exactly the same way as before which I just forked out 1100 to get the fuel pump replaced grrr call the mech that supposed fixed it they sent a tow truck ( 2 hour later as I sat on the side of the road) and while I was talking to person on the phone he was acting like he was doing me a favor sending out a tow truck not charging me for that and lending me a courtesy car . I am very happy that I didn't go the way I was originally going to go which was back roads to the free way because the flat deck they sent would not have had enough room to get my truck on it. now I am sure that they will be saying something like oh it wasn't the fuel pump it was electrical like coil pack or something like that then bill me another few hundred dollars . funny thing is when I first bought this truck a few years back right after I put gas in it the thing would stall out . but then would start again today I put gas in my truck drove it home but that is probably just a coincidence .

Foreign object in the fuel tank, plastic bag maybe. Had a similar issue with a '67 F-100 years ago. You'd be driving down the highway and suddenly the engine would stall, wait a bit and away you go again. It just floats around in the tank and occasionally gets sucked into the pickup.

crazyea

Please dont force me to use the mobile version of a site. I have not found a single mobile site thats better functionally than the desktop version.