What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

ipaine

So I guess you would not like the fact that I won't pay more than $40 on a pair of jeans? Hell I like to keep it at 20-25 but you know sometimes I'll pay that extra bit. :thumb: Of course, I do have to buy new ones about once every two years, hell maybe as bad as one year and that is wearing that same pair at least 3 times a week all year.

Oh I did buy a nice sports coat last year for about $250, but that was something I needed for a funeral. But really you knock people for buying a $800 suit? And yea, I would prefer 6 $800 suits over a single $3600 one, at least then I could change it up a bit. But then again I don't think I have spent $3600 on clothes over the past 15 years. Well maybe, certainly not much more than that though.

Jesus H, I just looked up Brioni and the cheapest suit on their online store is about $5400 USD. Look I'm not knocking people that buy them, but I'd put money on it that as you walk down the street no one notices that it is a 5k suit over a 1k suit. But hey to each their own, unless of course you think that you are better then others because of it, in that case, well I won't say how I feel since we try to keep things nice here.

Arinoth

Staff member
So I guess you would not like the fact that I won't pay more than $40 on a pair of jeans? Hell I like to keep it at 20-25 but you know sometimes I'll pay that extra bit. :thumb: Of course, I do have to buy new ones about once every two years, hell maybe as bad as one year and that is wearing that same pair at least 3 times a week all year.

Oh I did buy a nice sports coat last year for about $250, but that was something I needed for a funeral. But really you knock people for buying a $800 suit? And yea, I would prefer 6 $800 suits over a single $3600 one, at least then I could change it up a bit. But then again I don't think I have spent $3600 on clothes over the past 15 years. Well maybe, certainly not much more than that though.

Jesus H, I just looked up Brioni and the cheapest suit on their online store is about $5400 USD. Look I'm not knocking people that buy them, but I'd put money on it that as you walk down the street no one notices that it is a 5k suit over a 1k suit. But hey to each their own, unless of course you think that you are better then others because of it, in that case, well I won't say how I feel since we try to keep things nice here.

Call me cheap if you want but I'll mainly buy my shirts from Value Village as I hate paying the full prices for some of the brands I seem to like which includes American Eagle and Tommy Hill and I can usually find them for under 10$ in still fairly good condition.

Also, sometimes will get jeans from there due to my shorter legs, one so I'm not having to hem them, and two, I agree I don't like paying over 40$ for jeans either.

Lpfan4ever

ADZ124, we get it, you are in a way more financially privileged situation than 95% of us and can afford to dress "ethically". Most people in the real world don't buy $30 jeans because we like the idea of supporting shitty work situations overseas, it's because it makes sense financially. Your LC's theoretical monthly payments are close to what some of us make in a month and that's great for you to be able to do that. (I'm not being sarcastic either)

Then there's all you guys getting worked up over a dude liking skinny jeans. Who cares if the denim hugs a dude's junk more than yours does, big whoop. I know a lot of you are/were military, farm guys, etc, but sheesh.

FreeKnight

Jesus Christ. Burberry was just one example albeit probably not a good one. I could name many more designer brands but you'd probably just cherry pick instances to fit whatever agenda/narrative suits you best. Burberry's high end stuff is all made in Italy and that's a fact (there's a significant price difference). I don't own any Burberry suits. Most of mine are Brioni or Canali. GL finding shade on either of those brands too btw.

[/URL]

Since I arguably started this I mostly ignored your posts not wanting to poke someone's who's obviously a bit reactive when it comes to fashion. You took my skinny jeans jibe way more serious than it was meant to be and have really come across as petty, mean and snobbish in your last half-dozen posts.

You like fashion, no worries. Everyone has things they get a little more excited about, but while you could have just thrown in a 'Hey, I like skinny jeans' or 'Your post comes across a little jerkish Freeknight' I would have said 'Sorry, I thought it obvious that it was a joke by calling it a crime, my bad. I was going for hyperbolic humor'.

Instead, you've called everyone losers, incels, tasteless etc. Buying more expensive clothes doesn't necessarily mean their better quality, it doesn't mean you're a better person, heck it doesn't even necessarily mean you're more fashionable. You really are coming across as an out of touch rich-kid or someone that's mistaken clothes for character. Maybe you haven't meant to as much as it reads, or maybe you're just having a bad few days. You should really take a moment and re-evaluate what you've been typing.

FreeKnight

Then there's all you guys getting worked up over a dude liking skinny jeans. Who cares if the denim hugs a dude's junk more than yours does, big whoop. I know a lot of you are/were military, farm guys, etc, but sheesh.

That's mostly my bad. I thought it was pretty obvious I was joking/going for a light jibe, especially after reading 'fashionably correct'. I think everyone's rebuttals have derived from the awful attitude he's shown and the outright nastiness of his posts.

I suppose I'll just have to be much clearer when making what I assumed came across as a light hearted joke (hence the sperm count comment, as I'm really not concerned with his fertility), or be more careful not to trigger people in Rants thread.

Lpfan4ever

That's mostly my bad. I thought it was pretty obvious I was joking/going for a light jibe, especially after reading 'fashionably correct'. I think everyone's rebuttals have derived from the awful attitude he's shown and the outright nastiness of his posts.

I suppose I'll just have to be much clearer when making what I assumed came across as a light hearted joke (hence the sperm count comment, as I'm really not concerned with his fertility), or be more careful not to trigger people in Rants thread.

That's definitely true as well, no denying that. I just can't stand how easily a little jab here and there becomes a "NO U:angry2:" fight over next to nothing.

Lysrin

Thing is I thought we were all joking. Sure we have opinions, that's clear from any number of threads on here, but I didn't consider it that serious a topic. I'll admit I wasn't thinking nearly as deeply as social justice or child labour issues with my comment!

It is one of the difficulties of the written word in the Internet world... unfortunately. I have a military friend who had an email signature that said "The only problem with communication is that people assume it happened!" I thought that was pretty insightful! ;)

Soultribunal

Staff member
This thread has gone one for a LONG time. I think its time to change topic's and just let this fashion one die.

And LP, I agree 100%. My Family came from nothing to this country. So $30 for any article of clothing was a luxury back in the day.

That one suit I looked up is 1/4 of my net worth LOL.

-ST

Cptn Vortex

I'm disappointed we don't get written reviews here really any more. I love the video work you guys do, but I'm still partial to written reviews, much easier to reference certain results/remarks then pausing videos and screenshots... Sad that is seems like the web reviews are gone now. I had to dig around google and find other sites to check benchmarks on the new 1660ti, would rather do that here!