What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

Izerous

Might be worth calling Bell's business line instead and see if they will run fiber to you, or at least to see how much it might cost. Since you're spending over $2k a year on Internet already, it might be worthwhile to get 1 fast & reliable connection instead.
When i called shaw & telus for a past office we were quoted a minimum of $2500 for the install based on how far away the neared node was. That wasn't even to come out and look at home much concrete etc was in the way or how they would have to run it in the building.

Entz

That is odd. I get mine via gift cards as well and I simply got an email when it was time with the gift card code in it.

Is your Big fat wallet preference set to "You will receive an email on the scheduled payment date with your electronic Amazon.ca Gift Certificate that you can use immediately! ". I am wondering if that button is there by mistake and doesn't do anything.

(Worth adding that it wont happen till Aug 15th anyways as that is the next payment date)

lowfat

Staff member
That is odd. I get mine via gift cards as well and I simply got an email when it was time with the gift card code in it.

Is your Big fat wallet preference set to "You will receive an email on the scheduled payment date with your electronic Amazon.ca Gift Certificate that you can use immediately! ". I am wondering if that button is there by mistake and doesn't do anything.

(Worth adding that it wont happen till Aug 15th anyways as that is the next payment date)
That is what it is set to. But as I was troubleshooting I found another 'big fat payment' that wasn't redeemed. And searching my emails, I never got a code. And once again the redeem button doesn't work.

gingerbee

So the techs were at my place to fix my slow internet speed this morning, ran a new line to make sure it wasn't the line all things check out on my end perfectly but still getting slow speeds.

so my only other option is to switch to rogers and hope for the better speed since rogers has 4 times the speed then teksavvy for the same price

now the techs did say that rogers should be better cause they should be able to fix the problems ( since it's there line lol) I mean since the outage on Friday teksavvy could just be throttling me cause they have less bandwidth to share out who knows

All I know is I am not getting anywhere near the speeds I am paying for.

gingerbee

Might be worth calling Bell's business line instead and see if they will run fiber to you, or at least to see how much it might cost. Since you're spending over $2k a year on Internet already, it might be worthwhile to get 1 fast & reliable connection instead.
omg, when I just realized I am spending 2g a year on internet WTF like come on isp get you Sh1t in order here. Ya going to check out my options in sep

JD

Staff member
omg, when I just realized I am spending 2g a year on internet WTF like come on isp get you Sh1t in order here. Ya going to check out my options in sep
Yeah it's a totally different perspective when you look at the total year cost compared to the month-to-month, worse if you've been doing this for a few years now too...

But if Rogers is stable enough (if you decide to switch), then maybe you can still save $100/month by ditching the Bell DSL line. Possibly switch one of your cell phones to these "unlimited" plans so you have some minimal internet access in the event of an outage.

JD

Staff member
That is what it is set to. But as I was troubleshooting I found another 'big fat payment' that wasn't redeemed. And searching my emails, I never got a code. And once again the redeem button doesn't work.
Seems to work today... I had the same issue yesterday but forgot to post, or maybe they got enough emails from people and fixed it ;)

Twitter