What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

FreeKnight

Obliterated a buck on the highway this morning heading to a TC site. Acura was damaged enough it couldn't make it to work. I was able to have it towed to Rocky mountain house, but everything is closed here on Sundays of course.

Even more annoying I've been approached about another job in Calgary I'm expecting to start in a month. I doubt the place in rocky will be able to get it fixed by then, so I might have to get it towed to Edmonton and find a rental that will let me one-way or drop the car in Edmonton in case I don't come back out here.

It's all minor in the grand scheme of things, but it's annoying. Only upside is the dashcam captured it very well :O (at the risk of sounding a bit morbid)

Prickly007

Agreed, I used a friend and was a first time buyer, so it didn't really cause me too much grief, but seeing how bad some of the listings are and how little she had to do other than unlock places so I could look at them, it really feels like the commission is way more than they should be getting.
You should have asked her for cash back. In our case, we found the house we wanted on our own (internet + open house). Given how little effort was going to be needed on his part, we asked our listing agent if he would be willing to give up some of his commission when we bought our new place. He acted as if we were asking for his first born.... a few weeks later, we fired him as our listing agent as well. In the end, he got nothing, stupid millennial. :oops:

It was trivial to find another buying agent, who did not hesitate to offer us twenty-five per cent of her commission. Too bad, listing agents still act as if they do enough work to warrant 20+ thousand in commissions. There is no way, we'll ever use another "full service" listing agent again!

Izerous

Our first realtor we should have fired and we essentially did all the work. Our second Realtor put in significantly more effort. We would send him listings we had interest in as well as him looking for us. We looked at quite a few houses with him and as we narrowed down what we did and didn't care for when we provided him a minimum garage size he started getting the measurements of all the garages that looked of any interest and filtering them for us etc. He also did what we asked and was very aggressive on the offer. Original listing price of what we settled on was originally listed at $440k and we didn't bother to look at it. They lowered it to 420k by themselves which is when we looked at it and settled on an aggressive 380k (pre inspection). I don't think we would have had that work without his effort. There was a condition on the agreement on 380 though, no matter what we found they were not going to budge a single dollar more. It became a take it or leave it situation.

Shadowmeph

SO was woken up super early becasue of a migrain so I waited around for it to pass and deided to pick up my raspi 4 ,SSD, and power adapter from the PO just up the street . I look at the adapter and notice they sent me the wrong one grrr so now I have to go through the inconvenience of printing off the return slip finding a small enough box to put the power psu or cord into and walk through the pouring rain back to t he PO and then oder the proper one online again and wait and of course all of the cords I have ( 50+ cords) are not the usb to micro usb type that I could just plug into one of the several power adapters I have laying around my place from cell phones and tablets then to make matter a little more grr I have a adapter for the HDMI which I cannot find anywhere so I also have to buy another one of those
lol

Izerous

If you have a PrincessAuto near by I have found in their surplus area quite often then have a good selection of cables and adapters for that kind of thing for usually competitive prices (since it's surplus)

sswilson

Staff member
Bah!!!! BNI's tracking (as well as Amazon's) said my new fans would be in yesterday so I (foolishly) decided to get a head-start on removing the old fans in preparation. My pump's mount is attached to one of the fans so my water loop complicates what would normally be a pretty straight forward hardware update.

Of course... now that I've got my main rig partially torn apart, the new fans haven't arrived, Amazon's tracking page suggests the package will arrive sometime between the 8'th and 17'th and that I should contact them after the 17'th if it hasn't arrived by then. BNI's tracking page is less than helpful with the status stuck at "left the shipper's facility".

Shame on me for jumping the gun based on predicted delivery....... :(

gingerbee

Ok, I am done I have to buy new ram cause no matter what I do now it won't run at anything but 2133 it seems any timings that use odd numbers it doesn't like above 2133. So I am stuck do I buy b-die and hope for the best or do I buy cheap Micron-e die and hope they work plus I think anything dual rank they don't like too which means back to 16gb.

just tired I buying ram I have gone through 3 different kits in the last year and half

Shadowmeph

Bah!!!! BNI's tracking (as well as Amazon's) said my new fans would be in yesterday so I (foolishly) decided to get a head-start on removing the old fans in preparation. My pump's mount is attached to one of the fans so my water loop complicates what would normally be a pretty straight forward hardware update.

Of course... now that I've got my main rig partially torn apart, the new fans haven't arrived, Amazon's tracking page suggests the package will arrive sometime between the 8'th and 17'th and that I should contact them after the 17'th if it hasn't arrived by then. BNI's tracking page is less than helpful with the status stuck at "left the shipper's facility".

Shame on me for jumping the gun based on predicted delivery....... :(
hehe I know that feeling I just dont bother until I know for sure like I actually get the email or the delivery slip in my mail box saying they tried to deliverer but knowone was home ,which is total BS they just dont bother reading the label telling them my door code

Latest posts

Twitter