What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

lowfat

Staff member
Dell $100 Promo Visa® Prepaid Card* Included (bought a laptop for my school bound daughter)

Except not 'included' as in 'given to you' or 'sent to you along with the damn thing I bought'. The '*' doesn't actually go anywhere on the page that is showing it. By 'included' they seem to mean 'you have a very limited time to claim a pre-paid Visa that willl expire very quickly (90 days)'. Claim is done by supplying them information they already have, at least I think it does as they have asked for more, which I sent and now it just says 'rejected'.
So many people were rejected about a month ago. I didn't buy anything and it still makes me mad.

Shadowmeph

grr so last night I get home from work and my laptop I guess went to sleep and was asking me to sign in using my msn pw which I never had to do . so I type in the pass word and it doesnt work I try a few times still doesn't work thyen my wireless keyboard mouse stop working so I hard boot the laptop same thing keyboard ( wireless) mouse not working so I switch to my PC check my emails and stuff go to bed get up this morming to see if I can figure out what is going on still couldnt sign in and keyboard mouse not working I dig out my wired keyboard then remember that MS for some stupid reason will not let you be signed in on two different machines on the same account so I shut down my gaming pc ( which uses the same msn account) and was able to sign into my laptop using wired keyboard plugged into the other usb . so now I habve to figure out two things one how to have it like it was before that I dont need to sign into my msn account to log into my OS's on any of my machines also also try to figure out why my USB port quit on me first thing go into the leno bios and see what is going on. this actually started when I plugged in my tablet into my laptop to recharge it and move a few files over and it appeared my keyboard mouse combination stopped working

gingerbee

trust Asus for the first time in years and I found out today that DIMM slot 3 has finally dies so it turn out its my motherboard all this time

Shadowmeph

trust Asus for the first time in years and I found out today that DIMM slot 3 has finally dies so it turn out its my motherboard all this time
well that is good news at least you know what the hell is going on and that part is over :)

Lpfan4ever

That does suck, but any part from any manufacturer can fail. The question is whether or not the RMA process will be handled in a way that makes the hassle of an RMA bearable. Currently I am at business day 8 since contact with Corsair, and I've managed to get one BS canned reply.

Izerous

the word "degraded" showing up in the output of mdadm

The linux guru that setup this machine is no longer with the company... going to be an interesting day.

gingerbee

yup shadow I am glad that at least I have a clue what's going on now and ya I was just bitching I fully understand that no matter who we buy from it can happen hell for all I know it's my CPU, not the board will find out Friday when I can get to Canada computers

sorry to hear corsair is dicking you around. when I contacted Asus customer support they were great the person was like I am so sorry this happened don't worry your board is covered till 2022 so just waiting till Friday to find out if the CPU is ok or not

Last edited:

Latest posts

Twitter