What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

Izerous

the word "degraded" showing up in the output of mdadm

The linux guru that setup this machine is no longer with the company... going to be an interesting day.
Relocated the server to a workspace so I could fiddle with it... PSU wouldn't power up so I replaced it. Rebuilt the raid and rebooted, now it won't boot into the os and the other raid drive is making sounds of death.... sigh

gingerbee

OMG, this woman today at Canada computers was treating the tech like crap she was yelling and treating them like shit all the time they're just trying to help her.

I don't get people do they think that person made their pc and broke it just so they could come back and yell. it makes no sense being mad about it it happens just be nice to the people trying to help you fix the problem it may get fixed faster lol

Izerous

Wife's truck window smashed and glass EVERYWHERE in the back seat including all over the car seat. Edmonton Police told her they wouldn't even show up unless she found video surveilience, then they might bother. Not that they would talk to the surrending businesses with cameras but she had to do it with a 2yo in tow Oh and wouldn't take a report over the phone has to be done online with their broken tool. No mind that car seat for my 2yo was unusable.

Didn't even care that there were atleast 5 vehicles that were smashed up.

sswilson

Staff member
Grrrrrr.......

The drivers for my new drawing tablet seem to have enabled the lockscreen's onscreen keyboard and I can't for the life of me find any way to turn it off..... (I can make it go away with ctrl-o but that's only for that particular instance).

Shadowmeph

why does a product I buy from china ( at the time when I bought it I thought it was a US company) have to go through the US and then the US customs want to charge me 19.99 for a keyboard I bought in China this cheap keyboard that I started out with was originally 66.00 the funny thing is on the web page it asks US or Canadian Dollars I chose Canadian Dollars which showed the Keyboard for 66.00 CAD + delivery of around 20CAD now it looks more like 150.00 CAD I am thinking I am not going to accept it I have been emailing back and forth with the stupid keychron company which I thought was a US company never doing that again I am only buying from places I know of from now on

Shadowmeph

DHL just txt me saying I owe $42 in customs / brokerage for my HE4xx headphones just ordered. :p
I dont get why they are shipping to the US then to Canada I have ordered other things from China and other Non US countries and they always come directly to Canada with no surprises

Mr. Friendly

I dont get why they are shipping to the US then to Canada I have ordered other things from China and other Non US countries and they always come directly to Canada with no surprises
oops...I'm wrong. these are the sleeping ear buds for my wife coming out of Warsaw, Poland. interestingly, if I pre-pay the customs fees, I 'have' to agree that DHL can drop off the package without signature and that they're not liable if said package goes missing. HAH! no way Hosea! <_<

Last edited:

Latest posts

Twitter