What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
a spot in the middle of the ceiling in the master bedroom just developed a water leak. I have no clue how or why...there's a bedroom above me, no water sign anywhere and there should be no plumbing in this part of the house as its nowhere near anything needing water.

the only guess is a weird and very very long trickle down effect from a supposed leak in the roof that's followed studs and beams to that point. we've had more and harder rain in the last 6 months than we've had in the last two days, so also no clue why it is showing up now either.

property management knows...hope this is resolved soon as I'm gonna be pretty angry if I have to listen to a drip when I'm trying to go to sleep.

sswilson

Staff member
a spot in the middle of the ceiling in the master bedroom just developed a water leak. I have no clue how or why...there's a bedroom above me, no water sign anywhere and there should be no plumbing in this part of the house as its nowhere near anything needing water.

the only guess is a weird and very very long trickle down effect from a supposed leak in the roof that's followed studs and beams to that point. we've had more and harder rain in the last 6 months than we've had in the last two days, so also no clue why it is showing up now either.

property management knows...hope this is resolved soon as I'm gonna be pretty angry if I have to listen to a drip when I'm trying to go to sleep.

95% chance that this is what's going on. We had something similar a few years ago with a leak that presented itself on a kitchen door jam which was pretty much dead center of the house.... Had to go up into the attic to see where the water was initially entering before it started it's weird trek to the kitchen. :)

gingerbee

oh man leaks suck we had a leak around my skylight this summer never had a problem before but damn its a flat roof so just a matter of time.

sswilson

Staff member
We've got a relatively small living room, and my better half has never been happy with how much floor space our Christmas tree takes up. The last few years we ended up using the top two sections of our 3 section tree and just put those on top of a table in the corner....

That's always been a bit sketchy, and never really looked right so this year I was tasked with finding a small(ish) tree that could fit on the table, and while I think I've found a 4 1/2' one that I think will do the trick, I'm not completely sure she'll approve... it's a bit on the Charlie Brown Christmas Tree side of the spectrum when it comes to how "full" it is.... :)

We'll see how it goes... she's at work now, but I've got it set up for her to check out when she comes home and the receipt's close at hand if she hates it. The only other options are full height "pencil" trees but those look very much like you're going for a skinny tree.

Prickly007

I just got locked out of my Amazon account, until I authenticated it via one time password (OTP) sent to my email. Never had that happen before!

sswilson

Staff member
Google assistant can't do squat from the lock screen? I shouldn't have to enter my pin to turn on a bloody light! :mad:

I suppose their answer to this issue is that I should probably just spend the $40 to put one of their little spying machines into every room??? Not gonna happen!!!!

Lysrin

Google assistant can't do squat from the lock screen? I shouldn't have to enter my pin to turn on a bloody light! :mad:

I suppose their answer to this issue is that I should probably just spend the $40 to put one of their little spying machines into every room??? Not gonna happen!!!!

Yup, it kind of defeats the purpose of a voice activated light right? I have just the one smart bulb at my desk and this has annoyed me too. I thought there used to be a way to give your voice more power in Assistant but I haven't had the time to hunt for that in Android 10. Quick Google search shows others complaining about it. You can make a trusted area or Bluetooth connection so that the phone stays unlocked but I don't like that solution, even at home.

sswilson

Staff member
Yup, it kind of defeats the purpose of a voice activated light right? I have just the one smart bulb at my desk and this has annoyed me too. I thought there used to be a way to give your voice more power in Assistant but I haven't had the time to hunt for that in Android 10. Quick Google search shows others complaining about it. You can make a trusted area or Bluetooth connection so that the phone stays unlocked but I don't like that solution, even at home.

Yeah, I'm probably going to leave the one I've got set to turn the christmas lights on/off at dusk/dawn, but I suspect I'll ditch the one for the computer room lamp and go back to the wireless wall switch I had on it before. I leave my tablet's screen on while it's plugged in, but have no desire to leave it unlocked while I'm away from the device.

What an absolutely stupid setup!!!

lowfat

Staff member
Playing Dishonered 1 DLC. Trying to complete it w/o killing anyone. As far as I knew I didn't. Yet after spending the 2-3 hours doing the mission, the after mission stat screen shows one death. :mad:

Latest posts