What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

gingerbee

Damn pc grounding issues or portable SSD grounding issues whatever it is I wish it would stop makes me worried going to damage some pc parts ahhhhhhhgggggg thanks needed that

sswilson

Staff member
I get so used to ordering stuff online from sites where I have an account that I sometimes forget when I'm ordering from a random site as a guest... case in point... I ordered a super-cheap receiver from London Drugs without creating an account, but then my CC was charged without any kind of email confirmation of the order, and like in idiot I never thought to write down the order number during checkout..... T'was starting to get worried that I'd entered my email address incorrectly, and then it started dawning on me as to how bloody difficult it was going to be to get CSR to confirm anything without a bloody account or order number.........

Fortunately for me, the confirmation email finally arrived.... :)

JD

Staff member
Fortunately for me, the confirmation email finally arrived.... :)
Yeah I'm not a fan of stores that do that, they send the email after they process everything on their end, sometimes at a significant delay too. Makes me question if the order went through or not. I guess some stores still manually process orders though and don't have it all automated.

Prickly007

Packaged arrived in metro-Vancouver on Sunday night at 7:46 pm, but won't be delivered until end of day on Thursday. What the hell is Fedex using, horse and buggies?

dragoonxx

rant at fitbit all-time data exports... want anything up to a month- sure you can get a CSV no problem, want all your data...nope, JSON file for you!

I bought a garmin vivoactive on a black friday deal, and their imports take csv, xls, and xlsx... so i've been fighting with trying to get the data to convert and import properly (found a few places that can convert it, also found some python scripts...but my python-fu is...non-existent) but haven't had any luck actually getting data moved yet

edit: it's a mixed both faults...fitbit and garmin... the garmin importer is....finicky and vague as to what data it actually will accept, and fitbit's bulk export is... vague as well

Last edited:

Shadowmeph

rant at fitbit all-time data exports... want anything up to a month- sure you can get a CSV no problem, want all your data...nope, JSON file for you!

I bought a garmin vivoactive on a black friday deal, and their imports take csv, xls, and xlsx... so i've been fighting with trying to get the data to convert and import properly (found a few places that can convert it, also found some python scripts...but my python-fu is...non-existent) but haven't had any luck actually getting data moved yet

edit: it's a mixed both faults...fitbit and garmin... the garmin importer is....finicky and vague as to what data it actually will accept, and fitbit's bulk export is... vague as well
none of those fitbit type things will even connect to my cell I have tried a few ended up sending them back but to be honest I actually dont need one I can figure out what I am doing on my pwn I just get to lazy to do it myself and want to depend on a machine that tracks everything I am doing while i am wearing it.

FreeKnight

supply of Ryzen 9's (3900 or 3950's) is basically non-existant.

Yay AMD 😑
I might not be remembering accurately, but that's seemed like the norm for both sides of the fence the last few gens. IIRC 9900k had major supply issues early on, and didn't Ryzen's top 2XXX series have shortages too?

Then there's trying to get new top tier GPUs anywhere near release or close to MRSP :S

dragoonxx

none of those fitbit type things will even connect to my cell I have tried a few ended up sending them back but to be honest I actually dont need one I can figure out what I am doing on my pwn I just get to lazy to do it myself and want to depend on a machine that tracks everything I am doing while i am wearing it.
fitbit worked on my n5... got notifications, the whole nine yards...moved to my g5+- watch notifications stopped working, it'd lose sync and just...not connect randomly.

But my main reason for having gone to garmin is that they can broadcast data over ANT+ - which means i can now get heart rate data for the indoor cycling training program i use. I managed to get a 30 day data import from fitbit into garmin, but haven't had any luck getting anything else in yet.

Twitter