What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

Izerous

Folding Team
Tried to pull some photos/clips from my dashcam to find out EVERY single clip had the same date/timestamp. Took a while to find what I was looking for among 1200+ video clips. Firmware updated it from 2010 to 2012 timestamps when i tested it last night so the date and time are still wrong but I'm hoping at least the clips might be sequential now.

Wicked15

Office reno's and the entire floor was redone a we moved in a month ago (New desks, chairs, cubicles, filing cabinets..etc)

Which is all great except the glossy surface is wearing off the tops of the desk resulting in the mice not tracking properly and getting hung up. You can't physically feel it - but the tracking of the point on the screen will stop, slow in relation to mouse speed, or stutter.
As long as you are doing grand movements and such it's fine but if you have to slow down when working within an application and click specific small areas it's Extremely annoying.

Yea I know a mouse pad will fix the issue but they don't supply them and I've been too lazy to go get one/don't feel that I should have to either.

Mr. Friendly

Office reno's and the entire floor was redone a we moved in a month ago (New desks, chairs, cubicles, filing cabinets..etc)

Which is all great except the glossy surface is wearing off the tops of the desk resulting in the mice not tracking properly and getting hung up. You can't physically feel it - but the tracking of the point on the screen will stop, slow in relation to mouse speed, or stutter.
As long as you are doing grand movements and such it's fine but if you have to slow down when working within an application and click specific small areas it's Extremely annoying.

Yea I know a mouse pad will fix the issue but they don't supply them and I've been too lazy to go get one/don't feel that I should have to either.
form a mouse pad action group with other employees and threaten to go on strike or something. make sure you set a minimum budget, otherwise you'll probably get those cheap 30 cent pads and those are worse! LoLoL!!!

Wicked15

Yup - they did do a promotion of those mouse pads with the company slogan and logo on it but they have hard print on the surface and your mouse doesn't slide and gets caught on the lettering which in turn moves the entire mouse pad on the desk lol. That's part of the reason I haven't brought it up in fear of getting one of those. haha

KaptCrunch

Tried to pull some photos/clips from my dashcam to find out EVERY single clip had the same date/timestamp. Took a while to find what I was looking for among 1200+ video clips. Firmware updated it from 2010 to 2012 timestamps when i tested it last night so the date and time are still wrong but I'm hoping at least the clips might be sequential now.
Always back-up b4 any firmware updates with any flashing of hardware

Izerous

Folding Team
Always back-up b4 any firmware updates with any flashing of hardware
I found the desired clips first for that exact reason after that point everything else was garbage.

One issue that arises though is that with invalid timestamps it wasn't always selecting the right clip to nuke when it ran out of storage. I recognized clips from years ago that should have already been overwritten from before I moved.

The original files were still dated 2010 but I quickly ripped around the block to generate a couple clips and the new files were dated 2012. Aslong as everything is now sequential I'll be happy enough even if date times remain incorrect.

In all reality I should replace it with a newer model. I bought it years ago but I started having electrical issues and unplugged the wiring under the dash for it thinking the camera was the problem and only reconnected more recently. But something happened and I went **** the camera is still disconnected or I'd be reporting her for a hit and run right now.

Prickly007

My The Three by Klipsch finally was shipped to my local London Drugs store and, after spending a few hours, was finally able to get it to connect to wifi this afternoon. It really does not like Unifi equipment- I don't think I did anything truly weird when I set up either of my networks, normal and IoT. It would not initially work on either one, Guest Policy was the culprit on the normal network.

Went to log into my Amazon Unlimited trial account, only to be told that DTS Play-Fi is not supported in Canada. A quick Google search suggested it only works in the US, Japan and Germany. Nice of Klipsch to mention that in their marketing, the fuckers.

Looked up Sonos speakers, which are on sale at Costco, but they too do not support Amazon Music. Seriously, what the fuck? One would think Amazon would "pressure" companies to support their music service where ever it is offered.

If we decide to keep The Three (what a stupid name, btw), I guess, it is Spotify by default.

Latest posts

Twitter