What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

Shadowmeph

gWEetting older and the amount of time it takes to get mobile because of aches pains and stiffness in the morning the last month is getting pretty bad and as it is IO am in constant dull pain all day causes are from work injury late 1970s which now affects my c spine and all I have to say is it sucks but all I can do is smile and live with it keep moving always seems to get worse here on the west coast between fall and the beginning of summer or when it is moist which out here on the west coast pretty much 90+% of the time its all most like my muscles in my upper back and neck are constantly in slight spasm which make that high pitched ringing in the ears exactly like when you tense up your muscles and you get the slight ringing in the ears and once you realx the ringing goes away but in my case this ringing is pretty much constant I swear it is because of the slight muscle tension I cant wait until I see my Neuro doc to see the new result my my MRI scans hopefully ( but doubting) something can be done with this because I am getting tired of this... literally tired

EOR ( End Of Rant)

Mr. Friendly

I sympathize Shadow...I have chronic pain as well, stemming from head trauma 21 years ago. it's neuropathic though, so almost impossible to treat...fortunately, a med sometimes prescribed for migraines and such has taken of 90% of the edge off. that lifted such a weight off my shoulders that I could start functioning again...been back in the workforce for 12 years. had a scare a number of years ago...a shortage where the med became unavailable. fortunately they could compound it for me. which makes me wonder how there could have been a shortage. I've got pain due to deep tissue damage from said accident (who know the body could twist / contort like that) as well.

and then you've got my wife who has advanced presentation of psoriatic arthritis. her hands, fingers, feet, toes, nails and joints are all deforming, while she combats degeneration from MS and a host of other maladies.

life isn't fun...but we have to carry on carrying on.

it makes me smile when I see an older one out there with their cane or walker getting around, even if they have a slow as molassas shuffle...they're carrying on carrying on. built of better stuff than the last few generations...

KaptCrunch

Digital TV air shows 100% signal then shows no connection due to only audio signal no video transmitted. Seems like signal is being jammed for only French CBC speaking channels work with 60 % signal. The antenna pointing to CN tower
Grrrr

Izerous

Folding Team
it makes me smile when I see an older one out there with their cane or walker getting around, even if they have a slow as molassas shuffle...

Across the alley in my last neighbourhood there was a guy that was true to this part. He would maybe go to the corner and back along the side walk. Would probably take him an hour maybe longer to walk such a short distance but he would still do it when ever the weather was nice. I'd often see him out on my way home from work. For me to walk the same distance and back might be 60 seconds and he would do it by himself. Sometimes I think he seemed to just be enjoying the birds or the ability to even stand upright.

LegendMask

Totally forgot about how doing water cooling can come up with weird obstacles...

first my slim rad had to be installed with a very specific screw length, which took me whole day to end up not finding it, so I just went ahead and bought a tool to trim the screws on second day.

third day the other radiator that I bought second hand, turns out to be using M3 screws which again turns out impossible to find locally with 30mm length or above, so I bought a tool to change the thread...

hopefully nothing that can’t be solved or bought locally shows up next

Shadowmeph

Totally forgot about how doing water cooling can come up with weird obstacles...

first my slim rad had to be installed with a very specific screw length, which took me whole day to end up not finding it, so I just went ahead and bought a tool to trim the screws on second day.

third day the other radiator that I bought second hand, turns out to be using M3 screws which again turns out impossible to find locally with 30mm length or above, so I bought a tool to change the thread...

hopefully nothing that can’t be solved or bought locally shows up next
which is why I use zip ties my rad is inside my case and know one can see it anyway so I zip tie

Izerous

Folding Team
I have never had to go through any of that kind of difficultly rigging up liquid cooling equipment except for when I'm doing something completely unintended for the design. Ie gutting a computer case and mounting 2 1080 rads inside. Or Cutting apart a PC2-901 case to eliminate the 80mm based rad for a 120mm based rad.

Even when my two 8800GTS video cards developed leaks I was able to get new EPDM? o-rings to re-seal them from a local company. I spend more time finding fasteners for limited furniture I have built that for computers.

I however probably have a large collection of computer screws accumulated as well. Over the years anyone who brought a broken computer to me. if irreparable etc I'd strip all the screws etc. I only recently decided to toss all of the IDE ribbon cables I had accumulated... to turn around and buy one for pi breadboarding.

gingerbee

Omg the damn car rental place that we have used for years now won't rent us a car without us getting a credit card even if we have rented from them too many times to count on my mother-in-law credit cards and put my wife as the second driver just pisses me off cause we have gone out of our way to not get any credit cards (which I H8).

so bs aside we had to go apply for one at our bank and the wife is going to have to take our car to Toronto which we hate doing would rather take a rental and not put the kilometers on our car

Mr. Friendly

hey gb, just get a secured credit card. that's a card that acts like a VISA or MasterCard where you charge and pay off, but secured because you gave them a deposit for the max value the card is capable of. then it is but isn't a credit card and does boost your credit rating.

gingerbee

talked to my bank and that was what we were going to do then they told us that you have to have a credit check on any of those cards be it secured or not and they both do affect your credit score, we should be fine my wife has a pretty good credit score we just don't need or really want a credit card you can do everything with visa debit and you still have the zero liability that visa gives you on credit cards you have the same coverage. it's only with rental cars that you now need a credit card even when enterprise says they take debit cards lol and we have rented from them for years using my mom-in-law credit card it's just this one employee that will not do it even after the manager said we can rent cars lol she couldnt get him on the phone so she wouldn't do it this is the 3rd time this same person has caused us issues. but I don't blame her it's us that should know better.lol