What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

Prickly007

I ended up just using what Ryzen DRAM Calculator spat out...

That's where I started, but the suggested settings can't withstand even the mildest stress test. Extra voltage, if anything, makes things worse.

You can overclock the fclk to keep them in sync... Although if it is Micron e-die it probably won't tighten up too much.

fclk isn't available on Zen+, I thought. According to Thaiphoon.exe, my RAM is Samsung 8 Gb B-die (Boltzmann / 20 nm) / 1 die. But it's XMP timings- 3200MHZ @ 16-18-18-36-54- would suggest it's pretty crap B-die.

The only way I can boost the speed, it would appear, is to loosen the timings. Disabling GearDown equals instant BSOD, which does not help matters.

I'll give it one last try, then just enable XMP and never, ever mess with RAM tweaking again!!!!!

lowfat

Staff member
That's where I started, but the suggested settings can't withstand even the mildest stress test. Extra voltage, if anything, makes things worse.

fclk isn't available on Zen+, I thought. According to Thaiphoon.exe, my RAM is Samsung 8 Gb B-die (Boltzmann / 20 nm) / 1 die. But it's XMP timings- 3200MHZ @ 16-18-18-36-54- would suggest it's pretty crap B-die.

The only way I can boost the speed, it would appear, is to loosen the timings. Disabling GearDown equals instant BSOD, which does not help matters.

I'll give it one last try, then just enable XMP and never, ever mess with RAM tweaking again!!!!!
Are you using DRAM Calculator to give you a rough idea what you can do for clocks?

lowfat

Staff member
New TV has a stupid mouse cursor pointer. Constantly makes me do things I don't mean to by accidently triggering it. No way to disable it. :mad:

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
New TV has a stupid mouse cursor pointer. Constantly makes me do things I don't mean to by accidently triggering it. No way to disable it. :mad:

Try accessing its service mode. Theres a lot of ways to disable Smart functions through them.

gingerbee

Omg, don't even get me started all I look for now is tv's without smart features. we bought a 55' 1080p tv for my wife's gaming setup and was so happy it had no smart features we bought another one for mother-law. kills me that all of them now have SOCs in every damn one of them. I just want a tv

Shadowmeph

he was a excellent Drummer when I seen him live years ago doing a drum solo ( had the flu while playing concert) he threw one stick in the air probably 15-20 feet and it landed perfectly timed on the symbol I never seen that before or since

lowfat

Staff member
Omg, don't even get me started all I look for now is tv's without smart features. we bought a 55' 1080p tv for my wife's gaming setup and was so happy it had no smart features we bought another one for mother-law. kills me that all of them now have SOCs in every damn one of them. I just want a tv
Iunno. I like smart TV's. Saves me from having to buy another device for Netflix, Prime Video, Disney+. I just don't like the stupid '3d mouse' LG incorporates in to their remotes. What was wrong w/ the arrow keys?

Prickly007