What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

Shadowmeph

I had a kink in my neck/back from sleeping a few days ago, it was getting better until I work on this morning and holy hell I can barely do anything this morning....
I know the feeeling for me it very slightly losens up through out the day but then I go to bed sleep and restrt the whole thing I havve issues with my back for many years but this kink has been with me since late nothember it losens up a fair amount then becuase of my back I toss and turn all night repositioning and this irractes the kink that plus every month it seems arou nd the full moon or New moon I cant sleep I constantly wake up I didnt realise this untuil I looked at the moonm cycles a few weeks back so the not sleeping dosnt help with the healing process of my Neck the oinly thing I can do is like the "Head stones " song Smile and wave

JD

Staff member
Should likely look at your pillow for starters I'd say, sounds like it might not be supportive enough. Perhaps your mattress too.

Shadowmeph

Should likely look at your pillow for starters I'd say, sounds like it might not be supportive enough. Perhaps your mattress too.
Grr stupid keyboard I always hit the caps lock.
yes pillows I still am using old feather pillows lol

sswilson

Staff member
Heh... the Creality download for flashing new firmware onto an ender 3 for adding BLTouch functionality to the printer has nested RAR files.....

Open the first and you get the Firmware file + RAR labeled ISP. Extract that and you get a powerpoint file of how to use the ISP burner and a RAR file of the required software.....

As a nested menu kind of guy I appreciate the separate folders, but I don't really think we need rars of rars..... :)

sswilson

Staff member
And while we're at it... WTH hasn't Microsoft embedded RAR support into windows along with Zip support? Is it a licensing thing?

Entz

Most likely yes.

Speaking of which WTH hasn't Microsoft enabled AES256 zip support? I mean it only came out in like 2003 (Not that I mind WinRar/7z but still)

JD

Staff member
And while we're at it... WTH hasn't Microsoft embedded RAR support into windows along with Zip support? Is it a licensing thing?
Since 7zip can do it and is free, I doubt it. I suspect it's just abandoned code on MS's side, probably hasn't been touched since Vista (as it looks it).

FreeKnight

With RAR's being proprietary and windows being commercial software I'd assume they'd either have to pay the Russian guy who created RAR's (can't remember his name at the moment), or have to have some kind of free version of windows or risk another lawsuit for potential damages by winrar.

Could be like the United States vs Microsoft lawsuit over the inclusion of IE with windows. I'd imagine that 7zip isn't at risk since it's completely free.

Latest posts

Twitter