What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

sswilson

Staff member
Folding Team
Grrrr..... seems like somebody's trying to break into my google username.... got a random google verification SMS yesterday, and today I'm getting whatsapp sms & phone calls. Considering I don't have a whatsapp account they must be attempting to connect the app through google.

Password changed........
So Google password changed, and so far I haven't gotten any more "google verification" notices, but now somebody's still trying to push whatsapp sms verification to my phone number.... annoying as hell, but at least I was able to block the SMS "number"....

Does anybody know if those SMS "from" numbers are global? It's a 5 digit number as opposed to a phone number (just like I get from my carrier).

sswilson

Staff member
Folding Team
Crap.... I've got a fan going on my Dell G3.... figures... bloody thing is 14 months old.... :(

sswilson

Staff member
Folding Team
Crap.... I've got a fan going on my Dell G3.... figures... bloody thing is 14 months old.... :(
Might have been a false alarm.... I'm still going to take the back panel off and give it a good cleaning, but the fan's not demonstrably loud ATM during normal operations. I suspect there was a background process that pegged usage @ 100% which had the fan running at the ragged edge....

Shadowmeph

really would be nice to have my bliuetooth headphones not just connect but also work on my raspi 4 libreelec would save me allot of issues tripping over my headphone extention cord while walking around my tiny suite

gingerbee

omg, so Canada post delivery person tells me his boss doesn't want him to drop/delivery packages to my door cause I live upstairs above business's in downtown Orillia it's not safe his boss says. ( you could get robbed or worse he tells me )

I am calling bs on this, it's not an apt building there is only 4 apt and my door is right at the top of the stairs
Plus I have been getting them delivered here for almost 10 years and not a single problem I think this guy is just lazy. no one else has a problem doing their job from Amazon, Purolator and UPS just this one guy who I know has been bitched out about not doing his job and knows it was me being one that has bitched about him so he wants to come and give me some bs line about how he's not allowed to come to my door which I checked there is no policy about this only in large apt buildings with community mailboxes which we don't have.

its employees like this that make Canada post look super bad....... rant over thanks needed that

Supergrover

Grrr my g910 spacebar key just shit the bricks. Need to be replaced, back on the old g610, forgot how nice these cherry switches are with some o rings. Doubt I will ever buy Romer switches again.
Siderant: Amazon and codes, why the hell is it so hard to get my game codes, this is now the third chat with a amazon rep just give me the damn thing.

Edit:
Wow going from a Claro halo xt to onboard sound on my cans is just wrong.... sounds so bad.
Makes me wonder why ppl say newer onboard sound is decent nowadays.
Off to look for a pci riser board that works with the claro because this isn't lgoing to cut it.

Last edited:

sswilson

Staff member
Folding Team
The date is baked into my tax software so it must be a planned event... I don't remember ever having to wait, but who knows, maybe I've never filed quite this early before.

Latest posts

Twitter