What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

JD

Staff member
The date is baked into my tax software so it must be a planned event... I don't remember ever having to wait, but who knows, maybe I've never filed quite this early before.
Yeah it's generally the last week of February for when it opens. I seem to get tax receipts later and later each year too, so now I'll probably wait until closer to the deadline. Last year Sunlife re-issued a bunch of tax receipts, so I had to re-file since I did it "early".

Shadowmeph

I hate doing the dam taxes I did them last year received fund
s then a few weeks back rev Canada emails me saying I owed a few hundred because a company claimed me even though I never worked a single day for them but was an employee basically this comp[any bought out a comp[any I was currently working for so I stopped working for this new company because i dont like them but was still an employee for them until I literally had to drive 50 Km to there office and tell them I refuse to work for you and I quit and even after two years they still had me as an employee funny thing is I never received a single t4 from them hehe

Shadowmeph

grr I always always every year forget my CRA sign in PW then Igo through the questions and of course get those wrong so then I go to just make a new account after finding a name I forget my last years tax answers after going through all that crap I just give up but probably will go through digging around my paper work to find the correct pw and name hehe
I do find it strange that they are asking for income on a certain line from 2019 tax assessment in which I just sent in less the 1 hour ago if they already have this information then why does most people ( I am talking about the average hard working person ) have to file tax forms when they apparently have that information already

Last edited:

sswilson

Staff member
Folding Team
grr I always always every year forget my CRA sign in PW then Igo through the questions and of course get those wrong so then I go to just make a new account after finding a name I forget my last years tax answers after going through all that crap I just give up but probably will go through digging around my paper work to find the correct pw and name hehe
Do you do online banking? The "trusted partner" login works like a charm and only requires you to confirm your banking login info once it's set up. This gets you access to your whole service canada account including CRA.

Shadowmeph

Do you do online banking? The "trusted partner" login works like a charm and only requires you to confirm your banking login info once it's set up. This gets you access to your whole service canada account including CRA.
ok I never thought of that hehe cool thanks well that sucks they dont have listed either of my banks that I use

Last edited:

Izerous

Folding Team
Hot water tank at the rental failed on Saturday. Power vent model and took till this morning to find a replacement motor that wasn't going to take 4 weeks to show up. Alternative was to replace the whole hot water tank...

While fixing that noticed a stain on the ceiling of the basement... so a hole in the ceiling later found the leak more stuff to fix.

Finally get back into the office to find more issues at work that need fixing.

Shadowmeph

Hot water tank at the rental failed on Saturday. Power vent model and took till this morning to find a replacement motor that wasn't going to take 4 weeks to show up. Alternative was to replace the whole hot water tank...

While fixing that noticed a stain on the ceiling of the basement... so a hole in the ceiling later found the leak more stuff to fix.

Finally get back into the office to find more issues at work that need fixing.
thats the thing once I notice something wrong all of A sudden I realize a pile of things are wrong and need fixing hehe I would rather be blind top it but no I have to fix it or it wont get fixed wished I could be just ignorant to the whole fixing thing and it just gets done with out the headache of it all hehe

Herne

I do find it strange that they are asking for income on a certain line from 2019 tax assessment in which I just sent in less the 1 hour ago if they already have this information then why does most people ( I am talking about the average hard working person ) have to file tax forms when they apparently have that information already
It's a 'shared secret' that other people are unlikely to have, but you have handy.

And CRA could use data they already have, but the idea is that you (and/or your representatives) will make sure that you are identifying all the benefits and exemptions you have a right to. I think far more people get tax returns then assessed more because they are employees of someone else deducting from paycheques.

Mr. Friendly

my iPhone 8 Plus just died. it was connected to my PC to charge and my PC started to make the connect / disconnect sounds...didn't see what was causing them so restarted my PC and while it was doing that, took a look at my iPhone and it had an overheat must cool down error message. now when I connect it to charge, it starts to overheat and doesn't actually charge. then to make for an even more bitter pill the loaner from my son in law takes the larger sim, not the smaller the iPhone does.

this presents a problem cause my work email is 2FA to my phone... >.<

edit - okay, work figured out a way to bypass the 2FA with my phone being down...

Last edited: