What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
I got an email from Scotiabank that they would be reducing hours and some branches may be closed temporarily.

gingerbee

OMG, so I thought I had figured out the unfi AP until this morning when for no reason it just stopped getting an IP from my rogers modem and after many restarts and resets it just would work.

So I then hooked it up to my bell and not a single problem man I really suck at network stuff I know but come on what's so damn hard about setting up an AP never had these problems with the cheaper ones just very annoying and has taking the better part of a nice Sunday morning

edit so after some more messing about I think there something wrong with my rogers router/modem cause it seems that for whatever reason it doesn't want to hand out IP address and it is DHCP enabled and I can no longer login into it but all wired connections work just fine

Last edited:

sswilson

Staff member
Folding Team
Ordered an SD card with the intention of throwing retro-pi onto it and trying it out on the R-Pi I normally use for my 3D printer.... Got here in record time.... set it aside while I dealt with other stuff.... realised once I sat down and opened the package that I'd ordered a full size SD card as opposed to a microSD w/ full sized adapter.... :-/

I'm not even sure I've got a device in the house that I'd use it with.... ah well.... I guess it's a spare for my camera......

sswilson

Staff member
Folding Team

Italian Mayors yelling a people who aren't respecting the lock down....

My favorite (not verbatim):

I hear some of you are graduating high school and planning to have a party.... we will send police, and they will have flamethrowers........

Prickly007

Spent over an hour on hold with CRA without getting through to anyone. Baffling that one has to notify CRA about a chage of address before filling a return, is it really that hard to have an old and new address on a tax return?

sswilson

Staff member
Folding Team
Spent over an hour on hold with CRA without getting through to anyone. Baffling that one has to notify CRA about a chage of address before filling a return, is it really that hard to have an old and new address on a tax return?
Are you doing a physical return or trying to do an efile? It's been years since I did one, but I was under the impression that you could do an address change on the paper returns.

Prickly007

Thanks, but I found a change of address form (RC325) I can mail in.... God knows how long it will take to process, though. At some point, I'll be able to efile as normal.

gingerbee

So I get why Bell is not worried about data overages because all they did was put my bill up again I now em paying 120 for a basic DSL service what kinda bs is this and how many other people did they do that too for no damn reason love getting bent over first thing in the morning bell thanks way to take care of your customers

sswilson

Staff member
Folding Team
$120 for basic DSL?

Damn... that makes me feel reasonably good about my $200(ish) full internet/home phone/TV (including HBO + Movies).

I think my young lad was somewhere around $60 for symmetric 300.

edit: My pricing does require an annual call into retentions though.

gingerbee

Ya I am thinking I may need to make a similar call cause that's for 50mbps down and 10mbps up with bell and my only real problem is the price increase for no reason.

I also have Rogers cable internet for 1000mbps down and 30mbps up for 40 dollars less OMG