What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Costco or no?

Here Costco is that price, but everywhere is 70.9. Still ridiculous.
yeah it was Costco.
Just checked now:
E8CC5710-B3D0-4B7C-BF73-DFE0B5E781A4.png
So 55.9 Costco, ~59.9 every where else.
People are laughing about this but really it is SUPER bad news for Canada to be honest.

FreeKnight

yeah it was Costco.
Just checked now:
View attachment 28491
So 55.9 Costco, ~59.9 every where else.
People are laughing about this but really it is SUPER bad news for Canada to be honest.
I work in Oil and Gas and while I'm probably reasonably secure for a couple years I definitely know a few people who are freaking out. I worked at a full serve gas station in Highschool in 2001 and I think gas was like 67.9 in Edmonton at the time, I think this is the lowest I've ever seen it (other than maybe a day or two anomaly).

Shadowmeph

it is normally around here about 120-130 but yestrerday when I was out and abbout it was 86 I think that gass prices should gbe around 80 in the lower mainland BC there is no reaason why it should be so high there is no shortages and oil the last time I heard a while back was 45 a barrel which my mother isnt to happy about

Shadowmeph

This has happened to me a couple of time also, what I find curious is how they can come off by themselves but when I want to remove them it is like picking up Thor's hammer.

My rant: Had to go out in public today, 3 times ppl just walkup to your face to ask stupid questions. Yes this is the line for the bank, now step the fuck off. I finally lost it the third time around, "get the f*ck away I have a compromised immune system" ( transplant )and am on predasone. I get Covid chances are super high I am dead, COPD also.
You go into Walmart and there is a ton of 20-30 yo coughing and gagging, no mask no covering of their mouths.
I know what you mean I live in age over 50 building allot of people retired and drinking having neighbors over I am like wtf there is about 32 suits in here and 16 people in those suits have issues with healing because of Cancer treatments and Kidney dialysis then you have the group that smokes outside less then two feet from each other or working on each others cars each day off and on through out people are just stupid . As for masks my work dropped off a stupid dust mask which I didnt even bother wearing I am in my truck 99% of the time and am never closer then 10 feet from people but I get an email that was sent to all guards because one of the clients was complaining that a guard wasnt wearing gloves or mask I told my boss that the masks they gave us are for dust and are pretty much totally useless for virus type things and also the mask isnt supposed to be reused more then a couple of times they gave us one cheap dust mask and 2 pairs of gloves I have a box of very good gloves that Ibought a while back I use wjen I am doing event security or I am at a site where there is going to be allot of drug uses and or homeless . I wasnt wearing anything well until Friday I had to grab some groceries and fuel so I wore gloves

sswilson

Staff member
Folding Team
Our Provincial government services have gone to a "by appointment only" model for a limited number of services which can't be done online. Drivers' license renewals aren't on that list, but they've extended any licenses with renewals expiring post March 16 out to May 31.

lowfat

Staff member
Finally deciding to continue working on my fan rpm faking devices as well as the oscilliscope (haven't used one in 22ish years). Blew out magic smoke from the fan rpm faker by hooking up power backwards. :(

Wicked15

This post goes hand-in-hand with my previous comment about feeling sorry for the husbands being sent out with "The List"
Wife spent 45 minutes making me a 2 page grocery list 2 days ago so this morning I got up and headed to the grocery store for 7 when they opened.
Get there and get in the entry-way where I am greeted by a security guard and en employee which they told me I wasn't allowed with reusable bags which is fine(There's a big sign on the door but since I walked in after someone else the doors were opened and I didn't see it)

So I take my bags back out to my car and go back into the store, get a cart and wipe it down and proceed into the next doors and reach into my pocket only to find that this grocery list is no longer in my pocket and is nowhere to be found so back outside I go looking around on the ground on my way back to my car, and it's not in my car either so now I have to make a phone call to my wife and get her out of bed and break the news to her that she has to make me another list.... At this point as the phone is ringing i'm contemplating if it's safer to just stay at the grocery store until they kick me out or get in my car and drive as far away as I can because during the next few rings my life is flashing before my eyes.

After I tell her what happened and surprisingly the conversation went "ok" she made me another list while I sat in the car and waiting for pictures of this new list - got it! back into the store I go.

First item on the list, not there..great. I move on and make my way through the produce section and get everything fine - now to the meats, I have 2 options and 1 is sold out and the other has 3 packages left and are not good looking so I move on. The next section of the list gets tricky because not only do we NEVER go to this store and I know where nothing is here but all the isle are now directional and 1-way only single file so my hopes of finding things on my own are now gone because I feel rushed by the people around me knowing exactly what they need. I get to the soup section and am directed to get 2 cans of 3 different varieties but there's a catch - there's a limit of 2 cans of soup so now I have a 33%chance of picking the "wrong" combo of soups. I take a chance and pick 2 and move on.

The rest of the list is fairly easy to find so I'm doing OK. After spending the better part of 2hrs in the store I get it all paid for and get back home where I am ushered to a cleaning station where me and all the groceries are wiped down and I go into the "office" so I can now start my work for the day that I am 3hrs behind on now.

I hear foots steps coming to the door then it swings opened where I am greeted by an angry question as to why I got White bread and not whole wheat which on the list is just said "bread" but when I explained that it didn't specify that was the wrong thing to say. in my defense the direction I had to go in the section there was only white bread and there was a worked with 2 carts and like 20 cases of stuff spread everywhere so I couldn't get by anyways but before I had time to answer she's already gone back into the kitchen. It's been over an hour so far and she still hasn't spoken to me.

Also this was my first experience leaving the house in 15 days(Not quarantine related) soo hopefully we don't need anything for another 30-40 days.

Last edited: