What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

sswilson

Staff member
Folding Team
Heh....

Even at the best of times it's almost guaranteed that whatever specific item my better half puts on the list will either not be available, or they'll have changed the packaging to the point where I'm not sure it's the correct item.

It's also a running gag that if my wife adds some kind of treat/snack (like a chocolate bar or candy) every single other similar product will be on sale and the product she wants will be ridiculously overpriced when compared to the other items... :)

I'm the coupon clipper and flyer peruser in the family. I make meals and stock cupboards based on what's currently on sale, while she makes menu plans ahead of time and pays whatever price is being asked at the time.... :)

(And heaven forbid some poor husband is sent on an errand to grab womens' "personal products"..... there's 20 different versions of each brand name, and they seem to change packaging every bloody month..... o_O ).

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
(And heaven forbid some poor husband is sent on an errand to grab womens' "personal products"..... there's 20 different versions of each brand name, and they seem to change packaging every bloody month..... o_O ).
There might be a poor choice for words in there...😬

Dwayne

This post goes hand-in-hand with my previous comment about feeling sorry for the husbands being sent out with "The List"
Wife spent 45 minutes making me a 2 page grocery list 2 days ago so this morning I got up and headed to the grocery store for 7 when they opened.
<much snipped>
My wife and I search for a good shopping list app for Android. We found one that syncs fairly well, you can put in multiple stores, layouts, etc. My wife makes the list on the app, I sync my phone, voila, good to go. And you can put in pictures of products and such. Shopping List by Softlist. I am sure there are others, but this works for us.

Shadowmeph

grr spent the pas t few days doing an online course through buildforce.ca am about 1/3 the way through it so I saved it later on logged in on my rtablet clicked launch to continue the course but it wouldn't connect . after 8 trys Igave up this morning I log in and the whole course reset to the first elearning page grr so now I probably have to start from the very beginning hours of work lost . and on a different note my online banking locked me out for some reason kept saying wrong PW so yesterday I called in have it reset did the whole make new pw thing tried to log in today the same bloody t hing wrong pass word hehe also the security company I applied for and am doing the eleaning course for wants me to do a physical test which I have no issues accept for they expect me to drive 60 KM to do this test which I am not going to drive that for a physical test they can wait for the other closr offices to open up or just forget it I dont need this new job that bad

lowfat

Staff member
Finally deciding to continue working on my fan rpm faking devices as well as the oscilliscope (haven't used one in 22ish years). Blew out magic smoke from the fan rpm faker by hooking up power backwards. :(
And... I just blew another one. Forgot that the UPS used 24V fans. :(

lowfat

Staff member
do the motors instantly burn out or do the get up to speed and then nuke themselves?
Fans are fine, its the fan rpm faking devices I made that blew. Specifically the LM555 IC.

EDIT: FML. Guess my voltage regulators can't handle 24V either as it just went up in smoke too.

EDIT2:
Today is not going well....

MVIMG_20200331_152233 (Normal).jpg
MVIMG_20200331_152228 (Normal).jpg

Last edited:

CMetaphor

Quadfather
Okay so I ordered something from Amazon.ca and have paid them, only to find that all shipments are delayed "for safety reasons due to the current situation". Yet, I ordered a couple parts from Newegg.ca two days ago and they arrived today.

... Is this a scam or something? Everyone knows Amazon warehouses are fully automated (and Newegg's aren't) and they both use the same delivery companies which are obviously still working. And to be blunt, as long as the delivery person protects themselves I don't see any reason *at all* why Amazon is claiming everything is delayed "for safety". It all stinks. Amazon doesn't carry food supplies, so they're no more or less essential than places like Newegg.

It just feels like Amazon wants to hang onto everyone's money (for A Month btw! That's when the delivery is currently scheduled, despite my using prime) and earn some fat interest before the economy continues to take a downturn.

PS: Amazon Prime? Pretty sure I'm gonna cancel it after this fiasco.