What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

bassnut

I can tell you first hand Amazon deliveries at Canada Post is up about 400% that's on top of what their local Amazon delivery agents do. I have not heard from any of the other companies out there on their numbers but I would assume they are up some as well. Local Purolator had been pretty much cut back till recently I have seen them delivering some lately.

Soultribunal

Staff member
To chime in on Amazon as I have some internal understanding, they have been primarily focusing on essentials and prioritizing those logistical chains as best they can.
Beyond that people need to understand that the logistical situation globally, regionally is in a lot of 'flux'.

I hate to be the pragmatist but they are doing what needs to be done to get the essential stuff out.
If someone doesn't get their plushy toy or yoga pants for 4 weeks I'm cool with that because what it does mean is someone is getting their Dry soup, or Dish soap.

-ST

Shadowmeph

I tried using Amazon to deliver a year or two ago and they never delivered to my door they seemed to nt read the door buzzer code written on the package and then say know one answered . I use Canada post and get my package delivered to the post over which is a 2 minute walk from my house

Wicked15

Yes, logistics is the big strain right now right across the board between Gov restrictions on what goods are to take priority in shipping, drivers refusing to work, trucking companies not being able to get their equipment moved around and not wanting to send empty trucks and trailers down the road.

Izerous

Folding Team
Fuel pump appears to be failing in my 2004 Outlander. I know what it is like when there is a bad coil or spark failing to ignite and running on 3 cylinders (change the plugs years ago and forgot to re-connect 1 coil plug). But this is more of a crank and crank and usually will start but not always, everything I have looked at seems to suggest fuel pressure but of course the fuel rail on this doesn't have a schrader valve so actually testing fuel pressure is a bit more involved.

Anyways fuel pump pricing, I have the same engine as a 2004-2006 Lancer RalliArt and a lot of them swap out for wolbro 255 pumps which sometimes take slight modification to work but I have a different tank and different fuel pump module and couldn't confirm that it would work without being a huge hassle and I didn't feel like being a guinea pig but a wolbro 255 at ~$100 CAD would have been a good price.

Dealership pricing, even reaching out to people I know who can get employee discounts or work in auto body shops and can get wholesale pricing. The pump BY ITSELF starts at $700 CAD and jumps to $1100. And that was for the naked OEM pump not even the filter to go with it which if I have the gas tank opened I should replace as well. Whole assembly was around $900. Local auto wreckers want $125 for a USED pump that is the same age as mine.

So well better check amazon etc even from the US $400 USD before shipping and customs so not really a deal. Finally found one new $110 shipped and direct fitment and it will be here in a week. Cheap chinese knockoff by the looks of the listing, but I think i might try to find a cheaper module so I have a spare and pick up a w255 and see on a workbench how much extra work it would be to get one to work properly.

Edit: one positive about this is at least the fuel pump ins't too bad to get to. I pop off the bottom of the rear seat and about a dozen screws and I can pull the fuel pump module without dropping the tank or even crawling under the vehicle.

Last edited:

CMetaphor

Quadfather
well, placed another Amazon order today...ETA to me is next Tuesday and none of the items ordered are close to Essential.
Ya this is exactly why I'm pretty peeved off at them. It's one thing to delay all non-essential deliveries a while, but I know several have already gotten their non-essential things delivered to them since After I placed my order. Really shitty of them to not respect customer order order.

Mr. Friendly

Ya this is exactly why I'm pretty peeved off at them. It's one thing to delay all non-essential deliveries a while, but I know several have already gotten their non-essential things delivered to them since After I placed my order. Really shitty of them to not respect customer order order.
hey CM...I'm not sure I understand your rant. are you trying to say that it bugs you people that made orders on Amazon after you have had stuff ship / received before you did, with orders done before them? if that's so, a lot depends on what's ordered, where stock is and who's shipping. not everything is fulfilled by Amazon.

Latest posts

Twitter