What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
That thing is great, except that differing hardware is still a hot mess. There needs to be a standard; I would have FOUR rgb software apps on my PC to control each item (ram, cpu block, mb, gpu).
Lucky for me I can't isolate which one of them (or combo of two of them) won't let my PC sleep. So instead I have a unicorn vomiting everywhere while my PC runs BECAUSE I CANT EVEN TURN THEM OFF WITHOUT THE SOFTWARE.

...Maybe I should post this in the rants thread. 🤔

Mr. Friendly

Finally!!! A non-proprietary fan / RGB hub with similar functionality to Corsair's....

Oh wait.... not planning on releasing it to the NA market.... :rolleyes:
order off of ALibaba?

sswilson

Staff member
That thing is great, except that differing hardware is still a hot mess. There needs to be a standard; I would have FOUR rgb software apps on my PC to control each item (ram, cpu block, mb, gpu).
Lucky for me I can't isolate which one of them (or combo of two of them) won't let my PC sleep. So instead I have a unicorn vomiting everywhere while my PC runs BECAUSE I CANT EVEN TURN THEM OFF WITHOUT THE SOFTWARE.

...Maybe I should post this in the rants thread. 🤔
Heh... you are in the rants thread... :)

If I'm reading it right... this would plug into your motherboard's ARGB header and your motherboard's software would do the controlling.

And yeah.... aliexpress or something along those lines....

sswilson

Staff member
Holy crap I'm getting a lot of "dropped/hang-up" calls on my cell phone over the last few days.... Worst part is that I've got a duty phone forwarded to my personal phone so I can't tell if they're coming in on the duty line or my own personal number.

That said... hearing that it's a number attached to an "official" organization seems to scare them away pretty quickly.... :)

Last edited:

Shadowmeph

one thing I really noticed about calls on cell phone is that Rogers seems to have the worse for solicited calls my work phones I used for different companies were all rogers plans and every single day I would get at least one call on each different phone from solicitors. my personal phones over the years using different companies ( accept for rogers) I would rarely get those types of calls . I remember when Digital came in for cell phones I would get dropped calls at certain dead zones like in Abbotsford the norther town part and the intersection in largely at bypass and 200th street always if I was on any cell entering those locations I would get a dropped call and it didn't mater what

sswilson

Staff member
one thing I really noticed about calls on cell phone is that Rogers seems to have the worse for solicited calls my work phones I used for different companies were all rogers plans and every single day I would get at least one call on each different phone from solicitors. my personal phones over the years using different companies ( accept for rogers) I would rarely get those types of calls . I remember when Digital came in for cell phones I would get dropped calls at certain dead zones like in Abbotsford the norther town part and the intersection in largely at bypass and 200th street always if I was on any cell entering those locations I would get a dropped call and it didn't mater what
Yeah.... I shouldn't have used the word "dropped"... these are hang-ups when they hear me claim to be from an "official" entity. I've had pretty good luck with the Bellus network here in NB... I had been with Rogers previously and my connectivity seems much better on my current network than it was on the rogers one.

sswilson

Staff member
Needed a couple hood shocks, wifes are getting saggy. $140 each from dealer, $55 for the pair from NAPA.

Like holy fuck mark up much.

Yes I know dealers always markup but that was blatant.
My dealer always gives me multiple quotes based on OEM or after market products. I might have set that up though by being someone who let them know that I treat my vehicles the same way as the military does/did when it comes to repair costs... once it gets above a certain point it's off to the wrecker.... :)

Supergrover

My dealer always gives me multiple quotes based on OEM or after market products. I might have set that up though by being someone who let them know that I treat my vehicles the same way as the military does/did when it comes to repair costs... once it gets above a certain point it's off to the wrecker.... :)
Yeah here another from over the winter, drivers taillight burnt out. She has these fancy frosted led taillights, cant replace the led so the whole assembly has to be replaced.
OEM $200
Genuine part $1250

Genuine went in since it was warranty but still crazy IMO.

Lpfan4ever

Yep, my headlight housings are $1500 a piece and they're only LED for the DRLs. The main beams are HID.

This was my last issue. Ground strap went...somewhere. Thankfully I am still beating the piss out of my car and it's running fine with new plugs.

SparkPlug.png

Latest posts

Twitter