What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

Izerous

Folding Team
I have seen 2-3x markups on numerous occasions but

Shocks for the rear HATCH were quoted at $300/each, not the suspension but the hatch
-Paid $30/pair (10x markup)

Fuel Pump was $700 and fuel pump module cheapest price ended up being $850ish
-Paid $100 with shipping (7x markup)

sswilson

Staff member
Google timeline gets some things ridiculously wrong. Nothing like going from Fredericton to Niagara Falls (driving) in under 1 hour... :)

sswilson

Staff member
My young lad "saved" a beat-up PC while helping his friend clean out the basement of a home he'd just bought....

Doesn't appear to want to boot.... CPU was an A64 4000+, and the 200GB Sata (150) drive had pron on it.... :) (Haven't checked the IDE one yet.... :) ).

lowfat

Staff member
Google timeline gets some things ridiculously wrong. Nothing like going from Fredericton to Niagara Falls (driving) in under 1 hour... :)
Was it by chance the Wal-Mart in Fredericton?

Every single time I go to the Wal-Mart in Peace River, AB It says I'm @ the Walmart in Fredericton. I drive 3626 km in 1 minute.

sswilson

Staff member
Was it by chance the Wal-Mart in Fredericton?

Every single time I go to the Wal-Mart in Peace River, AB It says I'm @ the Walmart in Fredericton. I drive 3626 km in 1 minute.
I think it might have been which is bizarre since I certainly wasn't connecting to their wireless.... might be based on their SSIDs being recognized though.... :)

edit: It doesn't look like it was the walmart in freddy, but it's the Walmart in Niagara Falls that's the "no way in hell" location.

IDE = where they kept the classic pron :unsure:
And nope.... no pron on the 60GB drive that appears to have been glued/welded to the bottom of this HP box... (I can't for the life of me figure out how it's attached if it isn't glued, and I tried prying it off and it's on their solid enough that I'd be bending my screwdriver trying to get it off... :) ).

Strangely enough... this was an HP box and the IDE drive had what appeared to be a clean (unused) Dell install of Win95 (or 98) on it.

Soooo.... 3X 1GB DDR 400, 1X 512MB PC3200, 1 200GB Sata (150) DiamondMax, and SB audigy, and a GTX 740 w/ both the low profile plates as well as the standard one..... The rest is landfill, and we'll see if anybody wants to pick up the DDR......

Last edited:

sswilson

Staff member
Looking at the map, it looks like it's the Irving oil truckstop in Woodstock (NB) and then a beeline from there (driving across Lake Ontario) to the Niagra Falls Walmart.....

edit: And another outlier was the Alma QC Walmart which appears to have "originated" at the Miramichi Walmart.

Definitely must be something going on with either Walmart's SSIDs, or possibly McD's which are part of Walmart......

Last edited:

JD

Staff member
Definitely must be something going on with either Walmart's SSIDs, or possibly McD's which are part of Walmart......
Perhaps they've shuffled AP's around (MAC address I'm guessing is what Google goes by) with the recent surge in online/pickup orders to stores that needed more.

Latest posts

Twitter