What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

sswilson

Staff member
Hrmmmm.....

Am I the only person on this site who didn't already know about the win10 emoji/kimoji/special characters shortcut?

I could care less about the emoji/kimojis but being able to use "win" + "." in order to be able to say that something is trademarked ( ™ ) or even that it's currently 22℃ is a significant option.....

I remember seeing emojis being listed as part of a new feature set, but didn't realise it also included special characters.

Shadowmeph

so after a very long time I think I have figured out ( but not sure why it happens) my internet connection issues over the years at times I would have major connection issues then they seemed to go away but yesterday while i was messing around with my Raspi and l big thanks to lowfat for the help getting my SSD to boot and properly work from USB in my raspi 4 , my internet kept cutting in and out but when I shut my raspi off it stopped at first I thought that it was coincidence so turned it on and after a few minutes it happened again I turned it off then fired up on gaming pc and let it idle it happened again for some reason when I have more then 3 maybe 4 things connected even idling it cuts in and out . I am not sure why this is because they are idling and now when I look back over the years I am seeing the same pattern ( not every single time) that when I have my media PC my laptop and my phone connected and if I were to turn on my gaming PC i would have connection issues I have had different routers over the years also I a m highly doubting its the routers being the issue I am not sure why this is like this so I think I am going to have to experiment with turning of my tablets and phones wifi to test this

FreeKnight

Hrmmmm.....

Am I the only person on this site who didn't already know about the win10 emoji/kimoji/special characters shortcut?

I could care less about the emoji/kimojis but being able to use "win" + "." in order to be able to say that something is trademarked ( ™ ) or even that it's currently 22℃ is a significant option.....

I remember seeing emojis being listed as part of a new feature set, but didn't realise it also included special characters.
I've know about keyboard shortcuts for a while, and frequently use the Alt 0176 for the degree symbol, especially at work when dealing with metallurgy and welding procedures. Didn't realize it had emoji shortcuts too. Pretty sure I won't be using them though :LOL:

sswilson

Staff member
I don't even know how the "alt" function works for special characters.... :) In this case it's as simple as "win" + "." (period) and it pulls up every conceivable special character.

sswilson

Staff member
Needs to be done on a numbpad/ten key.

°

Ahhhh... I see.... :)

What kind of a silly requirement is that? Were they afraid that somebody might accidentally hit the "alt" + "function key" if they were trying to hit the number keys?

Izerous

Folding Team
Mac keyboards have had them for a long time but honestly I don't use them. Often just cheat and will write temperatures as 22'c instead of trying to remember the combination. I don't attempt to memorize the windows ones either.
Now if i legitimately needed a character on a regular basis I'd memorize the ones i need like freeknight mentioning needing the degrees symbol all the time. But that almost never comes up in programming unless your doing UI work. The emoji shortcuts are complete news to me though.

Examples of alt + spamming a-z numbers etc. on osx
œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬…æΩ≈ç√∫˜µ≤≤≥÷“‘«¡™£¢∞§¶•ªº–≠

Entz

Would you buy a "house" from aliexpress?????

I know this is a bit old but I seen someone did a video on this just a few days ago

. (Middle is a bit annoying If your just looking for info but can be skipped)

landed price was over 5k, though I am not sure if that is CAD (they are Canadian) or US.*

TLDR ... it’s about what you would expect.

* edit: missed the part in the video is was 5229 USD. Shipping was 900 of that (ouch)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Twitter