What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
One of my friends just converted a 20' container into an extra bedroom at his cabin. He told me he was into it for ~7k all in finished, including electrical/fixtures, spray foam insulation and 1/2" prefinished birch walls. He left the main swing doors on it and built a wall with a door and window just inside the swing door so he can close and secure it while he's not on the property. It also doesn't appear to be a room for the local authorities, just a storage can. :)

Shadowmeph

One of my friends just converted a 20' container into an extra bedroom at his cabin. He told me he was into it for ~7k all in finished, including electrical/fixtures, spray foam insulation and 1/2" prefinished birch walls. He left the main swing doors on it and built a wall with a door and window just inside the swing door so he can close and secure it while he's not on the property. It also doesn't appear to be a room for the local authorities, just a storage can. :)
many years ago we used to convert those into grow ups and bury them hehe. I am not sure if I would want to use one of those as a room I need natural light and fresh air. but I remember reading about people in Vancouver doing this for the rental shortages a few years back but then ran into issues about some law ( probably property taxes ) never did find out what came of that

JD

Staff member
I know this is a bit old but I seen someone did a video on this just a few days ago

. (Middle is a bit annoying If your just looking for info but can be skipped)

landed price was over 5k, though I am not sure if that is CAD (they are Canadian) or US.*

TLDR ... it’s about what you would expect.

* edit: missed the part in the video is was 5229 USD. Shipping was 900 of that (ouch)
Too bad he didn't put it outside to see how it stands up to the elements (hot, cold, rain, snow, etc)

Entz

Yeah, I cannot see it being sealed well. I would expect a heavy rain would leak.

FreeKnight

PC Gamer's ads are obnoxious. It's probably my favorite gaming site, and I'd like to support them by enabling ads (like I do here), but from autoplaying videos, default 'on' audio and a host of other in your face garbage I'll never turn off ghostery and adblock plus there.

Shadowmeph

PC Gamer's ads are obnoxious. It's probably my favorite gaming site, and I'd like to support them by enabling ads (like I do here), but from autoplaying videos, default 'on' audio and a host of other in your face garbage I'll never turn off ghostery and adblock plus there.
some sites wont even let you turn those on if you do the site wont work which is ridiculous

Shadowmeph

when did they change the hand writing word to cursive writing in and hand writing is actually printing?

Mr. Friendly

just got my MX518. noticed the bottom sticker was tampered with, so was immediately suspicious...broke the product seal, wheel is defective and the s/n on the box / mouse don't match. <_<

filed a return with Amazon, selected exchange. they're cross shipping at no extra price, unless I don't return the defective mouse within 30 days.

Shadowmeph

just got my MX518. noticed the bottom sticker was tampered with, so was immediately suspicious...broke the product seal, wheel is defective and the s/n on the box / mouse don't match. <_<

filed a return with Amazon, selected exchange. they're cross shipping at no extra price, unless I don't return the defective mouse within 30 days.
that sucks are those close to the old MX510s I loved those mice they fit my hand perfectly