What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

sswilson

Staff member
Bah!!!!!

During all the moving around I did and multiple vesa mounts I seem to have mucked up the curved bloody 1080p monitor I was using for my pinball build.... I noticed when I went to do the final install that there appeared to be a line down the middle (no power connection so it's physical) and yep.... I've now got a 1/2" blank spot down the middle of the screen.... :(

Guess I'll go monitor shopping.......

Mr. Friendly

Bah!!!!!

During all the moving around I did and multiple vesa mounts I seem to have mucked up the curved bloody 1080p monitor I was using for my pinball build.... I noticed when I went to do the final install that there appeared to be a line down the middle (no power connection so it's physical) and yep.... I've now got a 1/2" blank spot down the middle of the screen.... :(

Guess I'll go monitor shopping.......
I had that happen. I laid a U3415w on it's face...well, the two edges of the curve and when I used it again, three blue splotches...two on the right side and one on the left. love Dell warranty, they replaced it right away :D

sswilson

Staff member
I had that happen. I laid a U3415w on it's face...well, the two edges of the curve and when I used it again, three blue splotches...two on the right side and one on the left. love Dell warranty, they replaced it right away :D
Yeah... no warranty on this one... I bought it used from a business that was closing up shop.... worst part of all this is that there's a very similar Samsung (27" PLA, just not curved) that's on sale @ BB, but it's got one of those hateful stands that requires removing the whole back panel in order to remove the nub, and on this one, it's pretty obvious the nub would interfere with my vesa install. :(

I think I'll wait until I see something on kijiji, or else a different model on sale... I don't really want to drop $170 on a brand new product that I'm going to be marking up as soon as I take it out of the box. (Besides which... the curved panel still works and I can live with the line until I find something to replace it).

gingerbee

OMG windows 10 and pins are driving me crazy.

I have a bunch of friends PC's that I have to fix cause they all set up a pin and with the 2004 update pins stop working for whatever reason and some people can't remember their password so loads of fun tomorrow for me since I will have to fix it or do a fresh install of Windows 10 for them.

Thanks, windows funny thing is every one of the pc in my house besides 2 is on 2004 update with no problems could it just because of people using pins (makes me really happy I don't use pins )

SSwilson sorry about the monitor that sucks

Shadowmeph

having issues downloading files on my raspi 4 raspbian to a networked drive. the drive is mounted abut I dont seem to remember the permission commands so that I am able to download files to that drive. oitehr then that everything is great the SSD works good boots decently just people on the raspi site want to be a little smugg instead of just saying you need to do this or that they are being smug . I have ran into this sort of thing on other Linux sites where a person asks a question and they get smug answers that are not really answers and of course there was a huge Linux Site I alwasy used that wasn't to bad but I dont remember the name of the site

Izerous

Folding Team
Deck was not maintained by previous owners but lots of life left in most of the cedar... so i started sanding all the way to 60 -> 120 -> 220 the whole deck and stain in sections done about 3/4 and about 1/2 the railing, what they had wasn't to code so I built all the railing from scratch. Had about 5 slats on the railing to finish 1 whole side and the mitre saw started acting wonky. I only needed like another 5-10 cuts from the saw and I would have been completely done that side. Now I have to track down a new saw I think, not like I haven't gotten my money out of this one but I was sooooo close to being done that side.

Other side is going to be easier since we intend to use a priavcy screen for most of it, and it is a straight section with no corners, the side I'm almost done is two 90's and a 45' mixed into the shape of the deck.

Izerous

Folding Team
20200718_215531.jpg
This is all I had left to be done this side was the opening on the right. Maybe another 30-40 minutes at the pace I was going with kids running around.
20200718_215621.jpg
Whole deck was bordered with benched and flimsy backing that mostly fell off as seen on the left

Shadowmeph

that sucks when you are almost finished a project then that Jerk Murphy show up to the party at the last bit I mean he couldn't wait until finished hehe

sswilson

Staff member
Do all new monitors come with poorly designed wall warts for power?

I don't mind a wall wart, but design the bloody thing so that it can plug sideways into a power bar.... I don't need a (relatively low power) monitor plug covering 3 of 6 plugs on a power bar! (Probably time to order some of those short extensions designed specifically for this)

Supergrover

I know drives me nuts also Steve.

My Rant:

Why the fuck is the RGB environment so messed up? We really need to have this unified IMO , is it to much to ask for a simple screen sampler that works across mysic ligh,t icue, logitech, Creative and coolermaster?

Well yes I guess it is..........

Latest posts

Twitter