What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
RMA denied /cry.

MSI doesn't extend the warranty on a replacement (At least that is what I've been told over the phone). 980Ti was from 2016, so it's 4 years now.

i feel your pain. My 1080ti bit it outside warranty too a few months ago. Ended up biting it and getting a 2080s. Great card and DLSS is nice.

Id consider a 2xxx card at this point still...A few rumours out there of initial very limited supply towards the 3xxx series, which will mean hard to find amd premium pricing...I'm totally OK with what I did, but it was months before even those rumours and I wasn't going to stop gaming from March till October/November.

the_guitarboy

i feel your pain. My 1080ti bit it outside warranty too a few months ago. Ended up biting it and getting a 2080s. Great card and DLSS is nice.

Id consider a 2xxx card at this point still...A few rumours out there of initial very limited supply towards the 3xxx series, which will mean hard to find amd premium pricing...I'm totally OK with what I did, but it was months before even those rumours and I wasn't going to stop gaming from March till October/November.

I'm going to rip this thing apart and take a deeper look at it. Nothing seems burnt or popped but who knows. If I can't revive it I'll wait until the 3000 series arrive. It's summer, I should be out biking/running instead of gaming.

sswilson

Staff member
It's time again to call Bell's Retention to see what they'll offer me for the next year and I figured I'd get all of my usage numbers at hand... so, what's my monthly internet usage??? Check the bill... nope, check the modem, and this is what I get...

usage.JPG

33% of what???? There doesn't appear to be any indication anywhere of how much data I used on my home internet account. The closest is a stats page that lists bytes sent / bytes received along with things like the number of rejected packets, but there's no indication of time frame on that, and no option other than reset so I can only assume that number is based on the last time it was cycled.

All they're giving me is essentially a pie chart of usage with is useless without the base figure......

JD

Staff member
Hmm that's odd, maybe it's different out in Atlantic areas? I can log into MyBell and click Internet then Check Usage and it gives me the usual gigabyte numbers for each day. I don't have my HH3000 hooked up though, but I'm guessing these are percentages of overall usage.

I guess April and May they turned off usage entirely for COVID? I have no data for those apparently.

1597114724912.png

sswilson

Staff member
Yeah, it's the Bell Atlantic account page as opposed to mybell.ca.... Probably because we've been doing unlimited for quite some time they figured end users didn't need that kind of breakdown.

Shadowmeph

Ctrl+c/v for me expect when I'm on a mac remoted into windows and my muscle memory screws with me
I use the Ctrl+c/v in windows then when I am in Linux I forget that doesnt work when using the cmd so I have to slow type everything then look for mistakes hehe

lowfat

Staff member
I use the Ctrl+c/v in windows then when I am in Linux I forget that doesnt work when using the cmd so I have to slow type everything then look for mistakes hehe
You using SSH? If so it copies automatically highlighted text in the window. And right click mouse pastes.