What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

sswilson

Staff member
Neighbouring business unit has had a 15k GVW sized mobile shredder outfront...

for the past 3-4 hours.

Are the feds knocking on their door(s) armed with subpoenas? :)

I always get a kick out of seeing one of those trucks parked outside of large financial institutions. I realise that any business these days makes use of shredding services in order to comply with privacy legislation / regulations, but I wonder what goes through the minds of folks who have a lot of money invested in them when they see what appears to be an attempt to destroy all of the evidence......

Izerous

Folding Team
It's a Bell office (not a kiosk kind of thing) but actual small office. Must be the results of all the wire taps over the years.

G

Here's hoping that the winds shifted overnight. Stay safe!
Yup blew away from us lastnight Made for a hella light show though.
Bunch of friends hit with evac orders though, have 6 ppl staying here since they cant go home right yet.
BiL is the head of the Kamloops fire district so was getting updates in realtime lastnight

sswilson

Staff member
This is pretty much an annual event for you folks these days isn't it? Hard to believe it's been 3 years since I was in Prince George with the Red Cross.

G

This is pretty much an annual event for you folks these days isn't it? Hard to believe it's been 3 years since I was in Prince George with the Red Cross.
I have been in the Okanagan now for 40+ years and yes it is getting worst here, climate change is deff heating and drying things up here more and more. But you also have to realize that putting out fires also contributes to more fires down the road, nature has a cycle and fire is part of it, there is way to much scrub and tinder laying on the floor of most areas nowadays. They have not let the natives do their burn offs witch used to help clear a lot of this debris for years.

clshades

I have been in the Okanagan now for 40+ years and yes it is getting worst here, climate change is deff heating and drying things up here more and more. But you also have to realize that putting out fires also contributes to more fires down the road, nature has a cycle and fire is part of it, there is way to much scrub and tinder laying on the floor of most areas nowadays. They have not let the natives do their burn offs witch used to help clear a lot of this debris for years.

either i've forgotten this or just learning this now. I'm at Big White and you surely ski yes?

Herne

It's a Bell office (not a kiosk kind of thing) but actual small office. Must be the results of all the wire taps over the years.
I lesson I learned when I worked a large bank- keep what you need to until the day you don't have to anymore. Don't pay to protect stuff you don't need.

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
that's exactly why we have firestorms now....because we interfered with the natural cycles.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
Once again, it's that time of year where we find out how much of our kid's hockey equipment they've outgrown. :cry: My daughter only needed new pants, which we found last year's model on clearance. But we replaced her shoulder and shin pads in February before the season ended, so I didn't think she'd need much. I thought we'd need new leg pads for my son who's a goalie, but looking at him fully-dressed they still come to mid-thigh so they're ok. However, his pants no longer cover his thighs down to the kneepads, and he says his toes are touching the end of his skates which we bought this time last year. That's gonna be a minimum $400 plus tax.

Shadowmeph

back in the mid late 1970s I remember Scientists saying that norther parts of the planet like most of Canada the protective layers are thinning so the radiations will increase . its now 45 years later and I can feel it , when I was in my teens and earlier I could go out side in the sun doing kid stuff and sure I would get burned but the heat was mostly the air now I actually feel it on my skin like my skin was already sensitive like it was burned previous. I am not sure if I am making any sense because I would get the same feeling as a kid if I had a sun burn then went int other summer sun. now with no sun burn if I go out side in direct sun any time of year I feel the burning not like heat but actually slight sense of burning on my skin so what the scientists said back in the 70s is true and I think that people really need to pay more attention to these things for the future generations because if this continues I am sure that it is going to be extinction for all living things accept for maybe some ocean life

Latest posts