What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

djbrad

One of my brother printers is pushing for a firmware "upgrade" but I'm afraid it's just an attempt to disable third party ink/toner (I'm not sure if it's my inkjet or my laser) carts so I'm hesitant to let it install on a 4+ yr old printer.... :)

(It's probably a bloody network security patch and I'll come in some morning to find all of my paper and ink/toner used up on solid black pages scattered all over the floor.... :) ).

Most of the updates are for new airprint updates for new ios. If you don't have / need this, simply ignore it.

Shadowmeph

my 4 day move took 9 days...and I'm in so much pain from sciatica flaring up. :(
that sucks I definitely know that feeling . anti inflammatorys I actually make ginger tea every day and drink it it helps with Inflammation and easy stretching also keep moving but not to much I am also having issues with bot hm,y upper spine and lower right side back the Chi kung aI am doing seems to help . I think that in my case it is because I am doing more ball crunches and pushups ( which are not very many right now) slowly trying to build up . I want to run but the air quality is crap and I can feel the grit in my mouth and the slight buring in my eyes so definitely not time for me to do my yearly quest of reaching a 25 Km run I usually start around now when its a little cooler but the weather and air are not cooperating :)

Lysrin

Just in case anyone is wondering, there are still bugs out there that aren't COVID. Just got over a short but vicious stomach bug... whewee! I hadn't thrown up in years... made up for it the last day and a half!

sswilson

Staff member
So how is ralph doing? (I heard you were talking to him on the big white telephone... ).

So, pretty much a 24 hour flu?

Lysrin

So how is ralph doing? (I heard you were talking to him on the big white telephone... ).

So, pretty much a 24 hour flu?

lol Ralph is as unpleasant as I remember and he can go right back to where he's been hiding as far as I'm concerned!

Yeah, 24 hrs I would say then you feel bagged afterwards, but that is to be expected. Off work yesterday but back today, but from home so that makes it easier.

Lysrin

there's no such thing as a 24 hour flu. you suffered food poisoning, which presents itself with flu like symptoms, but on the 24 hour scale.

Perhaps, but the family and I have eaten all the same stuff for the last while and I'm the only winner. Maybe something weird there, not impossible. I'd be happy if it was though then that would mean no one else should get it in the house!

Shadowmeph

my rant is why does a fire extinguisher say full changed but lasts 20 seconds . while at my Security post in my truck monday night after all the bus's pulled onto the lot a street person on a mountain bike was following them then circled around out side the gate stopped watched the bus's pull in rides up the the dry grass ( also very windy that day) I thought that he was grabbing a cigarette butt off the ground but he lights his lighter I got out of my truck he was a little startles but calmly says " your not going to put this out on time" then rides off and so I used my water bottle to slow the flames down then went inside grabbed a fire extinguisher did short bursts but it only lasted 20 seconds I then grabbed a bucket filled that up and was able to slow the fire down while I told someone to call the FD I could have had the whole thing out if the extinguisher would have lasted say at least 1 minute of shot tiny bursts

clshades

my rant is why does a fire extinguisher say full changed but lasts 20 seconds . while at my Security post in my truck monday night after all the bus's pulled onto the lot a street person on a mountain bike was following them then circled around out side the gate stopped watched the bus's pull in rides up the the dry grass ( also very windy that day) I thought that he was grabbing a cigarette butt off the ground but he lights his lighter I got out of my truck he was a little startles but calmly says " your not going to put this out on time" then rides off and so I used my water bottle to slow the flames down then went inside grabbed a fire extinguisher did short bursts but it only lasted 20 seconds I then grabbed a bucket filled that up and was able to slow the fire down while I told someone to call the FD I could have had the whole thing out if the extinguisher would have lasted say at least 1 minute of shot tiny bursts
They should be replaced yearly. Especially job related ones. We replace ours every year as cold weather definately affects them over time. Multiple winters would kill it like the experience you had. I believe OH&S requires every 2 years, but from my experiences they fail after a cold winter.