What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

Izerous

Folding Team
Honestly this is why I was loking into element sticks for in my vehicles, 60+ seconds of constant use time in something not much bigger than a road flare.

Dwayne

Typical fire extinguishers will empty in about 1 min. I would expect a larger extinguisher, in weight, would last a bit longer, but I wouldn't count on it. I hope you got a picture or a good look at the dickhead, and reported him to the police. Some people need to be jailed before they kill someone, and this person sounds like a candidate.

Shadowmeph

Typical fire extinguishers will empty in about 1 min. I would expect a larger extinguisher, in weight, would last a bit longer, but I wouldn't count on it. I hope you got a picture or a good look at the dickhead, and reported him to the police. Some people need to be jailed before they kill someone, and this person sounds like a candidate.
well I did get a look at him and when the police came after the FD did I gave it to them he left came back with a picture of a guy sitting on the ground but I couldn't fully ID him it looked allot like him but I wasnt totally sure and apologized to there RCMP but when I left to head home I spotted him just down the road and it was the same guy in the picture who I recognized allot easier because of his Body language which you dont get from pictures plus he was on the same mountain bike there I think might be some street justice happening because the other homeless in the area where getting rousted while searching for him plus I told the officer to tell my place I work to give them access to there security cameras it would show the person for a few seconds turning around close to the gate.

Shadowmeph

I am pretty sure I know how to use a fire extinguisher it was very windy and it was powder I wasn't about to run around the whole building looking for liquid because there probably wasn't one inside the building they are all chemical and the base of the fire was about 4 metres across in about 10 seconds and spreading rapidly then factor in the trees around with sap seeping from them which is also fuel plus the 1metre+ tall grass across the street just waiting for the wind to shift and catch a spark hehe I just needed to contain it long enough for the fd to get there and was extremely lucky that for some strange reason the wind stopped almost exactly when the extinguisher ran out but picked up again to it 60-70Km\h gust when the fd arrived it was one of those you dont think you do moments just react like a ball being thrown at your face and without thinking you catch the ball ( or at least I do some duck others just get hit in the face) .
I really dont get how people can do such things

clshades

I am pretty sure I know how to use a fire extinguisher it was very windy and it was powder I wasn't about to run around the whole building looking for liquid because there probably wasn't one inside the building they are all chemical and the base of the fire was about 4 metres across in about 10 seconds and spreading rapidly then factor in the trees around with sap seeping from them which is also fuel plus the 1metre+ tall grass across the street just waiting for the wind to shift and catch a spark hehe I just needed to contain it long enough for the fd to get there and was extremely lucky that for some strange reason the wind stopped almost exactly when the extinguisher ran out but picked up again to it 60-70Km\h gust when the fd arrived it was one of those you dont think you do moments just react like a ball being thrown at your face and without thinking you catch the ball ( or at least I do some duck others just get hit in the face) .
I really dont get how people can do such things
You did it all perfectly in a time when most would panic.

Dwayne

calm is the key to safety in those situations.

was this your guy, shodowmeph

Training is the key to calm. That is why in the military we went through the scenarios and practiced all the time. If you know what to do, you don't panic, you just do it. Not every occupation has the luxury though, but training and repetition is the key to action without hesitation.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
This is what we go through at work, once a year. Pull the pin, spray at the base of the fire. If it hits 20 seconds and the fire isn't out, run like hell to the muster point. Don't be a hero.