What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

sswilson

Staff member
Memory muscle paired with an aging thought process can be a PITA......

Decided to forgo cream in my coffee starting last week, but still haven't trained my body to stop going to the fridge after pouring a cup... worst part is standing in front of the open fridge for a few seconds while my brain works on why I'm there, and then amends that tasking with the fact that we're not actually doing that any more.... :)

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team

Decided to forgo cream in my coffee starting last week, but still haven't trained my body to stop going to the fridge after pouring a cup... worst part is standing in front of the open fridge for a few seconds while my brain works on why I'm there, and then amends that tasking with the fact that we're not actually doing that any more.... :)

I cant comment on the aging process yet, but cutting cream out of my coffees was gamechanging. I dropped down to milk first, then just black. It made a small lifestyle difference (who knew cream was so caloric dense! :rolleyes: ), and a massive flavour difference.

People always say I'm a coffee snob, but once you have black coffee you can really taste the difference between good/bad roasts. And if its a Robusta bean (Maxwell, etc) I cant even force it down.

Shadowmeph

I usually once a year stop drinking coffee for a week or two just to remind me that that is also muscle memory the coffee gives a tiny boost for a short while then it fades so again I do this to feel that the boost coffee gives me isnt that much and I am actually just doing this routine like how people lite a cigerete in th morning or when they are talking to someone they lite up it is more out of habit that is how I stopped smoking I realized that it was the habit of liting up so after 20 years smoking the first attempt failed because I was thinking of smoking the second time I just stopped and was only miserable for 2-3 days then it faded once I distracted myself doing other things like building writing things I use real cream ( caned condensed milk just a few drops) in my coffee non of that other crap ( I call it crap it actually isnt) . I never liked coffee it is just out of laziness that I make it a few grounds and water makes two mugs of coffee I will probably do the no coffee for a while I might as well start tomorrow :)

Prickly007

What the ^*(%*(% happened with Aliexpress and shipping costs?

I resumed researching components a few days ago and shipping has gone up three to fourfold, with the only options being DHL, UPS, etc.

JD

Staff member
There's still things with free shipping or AliExpress shipping for relatively low cost... or I've had good luck with my recent orders at least.

clshades

haha... god the part about standing in front of the fridge. "what am i doing again?" fml.
Do you still use sugar in the coffee though? I'm struggling with not using cream part.. sounds difficult.

Herne

haha... god the part about standing in front of the fridge. "what am i doing again?" fml.
Do you still use sugar in the coffee though? I'm struggling with not using cream part.. sounds difficult.
Like Sagath says, if you drink good coffee then black doesn't need sugar. Enjoy what you like, but I find most people who add sugar and/or cream don't like coffee, they want coffee's effects.

I have always had black, and without 'double double' you get a different view of Tim's.

Lysrin

The best coffee I have ever had in my life was in a little cafe in San Juan, Peuto Rico. I know... sounds cliche but we all agreed it was amazing. And all of us their drank it black. No one, not even the cream and sugar folks, wanted to spoil the flavour. Simply amazing.

I can do good, reasonably strong coffee black. Sometimes I will add a little maple syrup if I'm feeling like "dessert" coffee :) We also occasionally use a healthier cream alternative. It's coconut-almond based and unsweetened. Again, changes the flavour but is good imo for something different. Here's a pic of it in case anyone is interested. Little pricey though as most healthy stuff is.

PXL_20200914_123642708.jpg

sswilson

Staff member
I dropped sugar from my coffee 5+ years ago. This is just the next logical step, and milk wouldn't really work to wean me off of cream as I find using cream is as much about the texture as it is about the taste, while milk might as well be added water. (And I'm more of a cold turkey kind of guy anyways).

Over a week and surviving fine... even managed to avoid the automated trip to the fridge today, but had to consciously remind myself prior to pouring the cup that I didn't need the extra trip... :)

Latest posts

Twitter