What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

FreeKnight

I've never been able to really get into coffee. Tried the french press route, tried the nespresso, just don't care much for it. Sure with some sugar or SF vanilla flavor and milk I can drink it, but that's empty cals for the most part. I've started really getting into tea though;20200914_082107.jpg
Maybe I'll give coffee another chance one day, but so far it seems the British part of my ancestry is winning over. Personal favorites are Sencha green and breakfast blend, with a few of the fruit teas coming close.

Herne

I've never been able to really get into coffee. Tried the french press route, tried the nespresso, just don't care much for it. Sure with some sugar or SF vanilla flavor and milk I can drink it, but that's empty cals for the most part. I've started really getting into tea though;
Maybe I'll give coffee another chance one day, but so far it seems the British part of my ancestry is winning over. Personal favorites are Sencha green and breakfast blend, with a few of the fruit teas coming close.
I drink a fair amount of tea- typically green or Earl Grey quite weak but nothing in it. Tend to take my spirits neat as that goes. (though a little ice in my Rye when the mood strikes).

If you are ever in Ottawa, I like Bridgehead. Sort of Starbucks that they didn't burn.

Mr. Friendly

I can drink a good espresso straight...but I've never come across a coffee that didn't need to be doctored.

granted, nobody I know has any good gear to brew coffee with but for one...he bought the Vario W and a Technivorm because of me. :D

Izerous

Folding Team
Irish cream... cut out the extra sugar years ago though. Unless i'm at a restraunt or timies or something then i'll add jsut a bit of sugar since the their cremers are more watery than creamy.

Shadowmeph

I dropped sugar from my coffee 5+ years ago. This is just the next logical step, and milk wouldn't really work to wean me off of cream as I find using cream is as much about the texture as it is about the taste, while milk might as well be added water. (And I'm more of a cold turkey kind of guy anyways).

Over a week and surviving fine... even managed to avoid the automated trip to the fridge today, but had to consciously remind myself prior to pouring the cup that I didn't need the extra trip... :)
I think I am the same its the texture with cream that makes it for me. I stopped using sugar( added sugar) probably 10 years ago . which make me stop drinking tea with cream I still drink it sometimes but it has to have cream. I drink other teas like types of Chinese teas or I grind Ginger put it in a tea ball add another tea ball with mint every day as my Tea seems to help with the inflammation I have along parts of my spine.

Prickly007

I've never come across a coffee that didn't need to be doctored.

It's rare that I drink coffee black, but I roasted a batch of East African beans awhile back that tasted as if someone had already added a tablespoon of sugar to it. Sadly, that was the last of those beans. Not that I have any idea why it turned out that why.... :unsure:

Dwayne

Finished paying off our mortgage and I get the discharge paperwork from my mortgage company, that's all good! The rant, I check the BC land title website and it says that I have to hire a lawyer to get this done, "to save me money". How the hell does that save me a dime? I can take the piece of paper to an office, or send it for Christ's sake! Damn government making lawyers richer for paper shuffling crap! Now I have a couple of emails out to see what they want to soak me for a signature and a stamp.

Latest posts

Twitter