What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

JD

Staff member
Assuming this is an actual "modem" or "in bridge mode", it's highly unlikely your ISP offers up multiple public IP addresses, unless you have a business connection at home, so that sounds pretty normal to me.

You should always have your modem go into your router anyhow though so that you get a firewall and NAT to stop the whole world from seeing every open service on every device you plug in. I surely wouldn't want my TV on the open Internet, who knows what will show up on your screen...

FreeKnight

Assuming this is an actual "modem" or "in bridge mode", it's highly unlikely your ISP offers up multiple public IP addresses, unless you have a business connection at home, so that sounds pretty normal to me.

You should always have your modem go into your router anyhow though so that you get a firewall and NAT to stop the whole world from seeing every open service on every device you plug in. I surely wouldn't want my TV on the open Internet, who knows what will show up on your screen...
I thought about that afterwards and realized I'd rather have it set up through the router for that same reason.

sswilson

Staff member
Ok, I'll go first..... :bleh:

Why does a major player like ASUS have such a disaster for a website!?!?!?!?

You'd think that a big name like ASUS would have a top notch website to allow folks to get drivers/on-line support, but NOOOOOOOO, instead they've got a site that won't even load the regional page!!!!

C'mon ASUS get with the picture... this is completely unacceptable from a geek point of view.... take a page from AMD/ATI and get some bandwidth going. (Nothing warms the cockles of my heart better than a 1.7MB download speed for drivers! :) ).

Holy crap!!!!!! 20 minutes in and I'm still trying to download a freaking 291 MEG freaking file?????????

That post was 2008, and it appears nothing much has changed over on the ASUS site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prickly007

what's better than the Encore @ $200, aside from some manual grinders?

Discounting manual grinders, which I know nothing about, $200 is no man's land... Too expensive for "consumer" grinders*, and not a large enough budget for prosumer/enthusiast grinders.

* As I recall, the Encore is essentially an overpriced consumer grinder.

Mr. Friendly

Discounting manual grinders, which I know nothing about, $200 is no man's land... Too expensive for "consumer" grinders*, and not a large enough budget for prosumer/enthusiast grinders.

* As I recall, the Encore is essentially an overpriced consumer grinder.
how is it overpriced when it's at the top of the list as the recommended model for all it's similarly priced competition?

sswilson

Staff member
Hrmmm.....

"bought" a beginner's course on Blender with the hopes that the basics will port over to other CAD programs, but the first part of it is based on the 2.8 beta, and I can't for the life of me get that to launch. :( Hopefuly the UI from the 2.83 LTS available through the microsoft store is close enough that I can follow through......

sswilson

Staff member
3 of 4 PCs in the house are back to not sleeping. I can only assume MS has re-deployed whatever update was causing the issue previously.

gingerbee

OMG I hate uber my wife used it once or twice to get food at work and today they charged us with two charges for a trip in a different city for a total of 144$ when we have never taken an uber trip oh I hate you uber. so you know her card is on hold till she wakes up and can put a fraud claim in

Last edited:

Izerous

Folding Team
Hung a new shelf where the fridge used to go. Stood back looking at it and was happy with the results. Couple hours later I came in from doing.more yard work and realized what I had done. Went to go pull on the pocket door that blocks the kitchen off from the bedrooms and it won't budge.

:cry: