What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

sswilson

Staff member
As long as it works for you, just wanted to make sure you were aware of the possible limitations, and for me, the data restrictions would be a hard no as the only time I use data is when I'm on the road and that's when I need to get what I'm paying for. :)

Mr. Friendly

As long as it works for you, just wanted to make sure you were aware of the possible limitations, and for me, the data restrictions would be a hard no as the only time I use data is when I'm on the road and that's when I need to get what I'm paying for. :)
true enough. I remember when I joined the network Freedom was called before it became Freedom. data at that time was horrible and it was always at the worst when I really needed it the most. LoL!

I know Fido, Rogers, Telus and Bell will all be good here, but not a one of them has a single good deal. :p

I'm not against buying my own phone outright either...but funds are so tight it's just not a possibility for me right now. :(

lowfat

Staff member
Ugh. Pull my GPU out of my backup system and throw in to main but unoperational computer so I can work on creating wires for it. Try to use the onboard GPU on my i5-6400, which I've never used before.

Except as soon as the drivers install, the computer lags out for 5-10s, screen goes blank for 5-10s, then usable for 5-10s. Repeat for about 5 minutes then BSOD.

Tried like 5+ different driver versions. All of them doing the same thing. I've found postings online where a bunch of people started having the same issues when Windows updated driver like a year ago. People were suggesting specific versions of the Intel igfx driver but unfortunately can't find download links for them. :(

Trying to use Fusion 360 w/o a driver installed and I'm getting like 1FPS.

sswilson

Staff member
Is it just the "Intel® HD Graphics 530" that appears to be affected? I just did several full installs on a SB combo and didn't run into any issues.

edit: safe to assume the intel drivers in the "optional updates" aren't doing the trick?

lowfat

Staff member
Is it just the "Intel® HD Graphics 530" that appears to be affected? I just did several full installs on a SB combo and didn't run into any issues.

edit: safe to assume the intel drivers in the "optional updates" aren't doing the trick?
Starting to think my igpu is just boned. I tried going to a driver from 2015 and it just hard locks up 10s after booting.

Have 2 junker Nvidia cards laying around but can't use them either as they don't have DispayPort. Looks like I'm going to just juggle my 1080 between the two systems. :eek:

sswilson

Staff member
That's a pain in the butt.... I've got a K400 here that would do the trick, but it'd cost as much to ship as the card is worth. (I've also got a DP->HDMI adapter but I've only ever used it the other way (from the card's DP port) so I'm not even sure if it works as an input to a monitor.

clshades

One of the directors of the our community decided to change the lock on our bottle and can recycle storage locker, leave town, and not tell anyone the code. My wife is VP of the PAC. The recycle program is a joint community/school money collection program to help pay for various things including class school trips etc. She won't even give the code to my wife. So there I am with all my tools and shelf brackets this afternoon to help with organizing the shed and we can't get in. Even after contacting her she still won't reveal the code. Fucking Karen.

Arinoth

Staff member
Been having fun dealing with a doggo that needs a cone and to take some anti-biotics and anti-itch meds because he hurt one of the pads of his paws.

Oh also the SPCA free pet insurance is through a third party that I have to get a form filled out by the vets to submit the claim, which means another visit back to the vets...

sswilson

Staff member
Heh.....

Made the mistake of checking out an "interesting" title that showed up during a search on humble bundle (it was something I was surprised to see there), and now of course, guess what my targeted ad blocks are populated with??? :)