What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

ipaine

Sounds like that vet scammed you. I paid like $280 for urine and blood tests on my cat... when he had a crystal, they said I could spend $1200-1500 to have them remove it or put him on meds for like $400. Took the $400 option and changed his food to urinary control. No issues after that.
Depends on the tests that have to be done and at what point the crystals are. For example with our guy last year, he was almost at complete blockage and therefore needed more aggressive measures. A few years before that he had a small case where all we had to do was a small reg of meds and different food for a bit.
This time around it cost so much since we had to get the full x-ray and blood/urine tests to find out what was wrong. But I will say there can be big differences in prices between vets.

draemn

Depends on the tests that have to be done and at what point the crystals are. For example with our guy last year, he was almost at complete blockage and therefore needed more aggressive measures. A few years before that he had a small case where all we had to do was a small reg of meds and different food for a bit.
This time around it cost so much since we had to get the full x-ray and blood/urine tests to find out what was wrong. But I will say there can be big differences in prices between vets.
Mine was a complete blockage, his bladder was full, otherwise I would have not even known.

Either way, you can totally get scammed (price wise) by vets as there's very little transparency that makes it easy to price shop for service and some of the shady stuff they recommend. Go watch CBC marketplace if anyone doesn't believe me.

I think vets are great, don't get me wrong, I just hate the ones who charge thousands of dollars for something that could be treated/tested for a fraction of the price.

sswilson

Staff member
Annnnddddddd windows sleep is broken yet again. :confused:

Seriously dudes.... whatever feature you keep trying to introduce needs to be taken back to the drawing board if you can't figure out why it's affecting sleep. I'm sure this has been at least 5 attempts with exactly the same results, time to stop beating the dead horse.

Lysrin

Seriously dudes.... whatever feature you keep trying to introduce needs to be taken back to the drawing board if you can't figure out why it's affecting sleep. I'm sure this has been at least 5 attempts with exactly the same results, time to stop beating the dead horse.
Honestly I've just given up on sleep these days... PC, not me ;) My computer boots fast enough that it isn't a big deal and I'm happier knowing that when I turn off my PC it'll stay in the state I left it in!

sswilson

Staff member

Users discovered this is the fault of a Windows Update process called “MoUSO Core Worker Process.” It’s causing unwanted wakeups on PCs that have applied Windows 10 version 2004 and have an optional update pending for installation.

Hrmmm.... there is a optional update that essentially looks like it's an attempt to get non-insiders to beta test some new features.....

danmitch1

Mine was a complete blockage, his bladder was full, otherwise I would have not even known.

Either way, you can totally get scammed (price wise) by vets as there's very little transparency that makes it easy to price shop for service and some of the shady stuff they recommend. Go watch CBC marketplace if anyone doesn't believe me.

I think vets are great, don't get me wrong, I just hate the ones who charge thousands of dollars for something that could be treated/tested for a fraction of the price.
Yep, I know for a fact we paid too much, twice. The struvite crystal removal was done at an emergency clinic , no other vet was open at the time so it was that or let the poor fella suffer. And this time, well it was a surprise. Covid19 restrictions didn't let us in while they did the examination, we handed him off to a tech in the street and got a call after it was all done giving us the prognosis and FAT bill...

draemn

Windows update was the culprit for me this time, just had to go into services and restart it. When I googled the issue I found a command prompt "code" that will show you what things are preventing sleep. Took like 10 minutes to solve but super annoying.... windows also loves to forget my setting for the mouse "do not allow this device to wake the computer" The train going by 600m from our house shakes it enough to wake the PC!

Shadowmeph

myu Gaming PC sometimes it will go to sleep then wake up for know apparent reason a while later at first I though that making Iwas touching my keyboard but nope this doesnt happen all the time.
I like the sleep option because I have one of my web browsers open to certain pages and a few other programs open so when I wake up my PC they are already there and I dont have to find what I am looking for those certain pages that took me forever to find and if I book mark them I still have to go to that book mark search through the posts to find the exact posts on the different web pages hehe.

Izerous

Folding Team
Honestly windows sleep has almost never worked properly for me. Although more than once back and forth to work I have pulled out my macbook to find it was cooking itself in my back and not sleeping. So Apple can't get it right either.

Lima

TMI.. been forever since last looked and all of a sudden am looking for a reputable source for info on how to set up and run a Ethereum node.. any help greatly appreciated