What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

sswilson

Staff member
I was looking into grabbing one of the Kardia EKG devices, but damn, their "supported" android devices list is awfully slim and there's no real indication if it would work with a device running android 10 that isn't on the list. :(

JD

Staff member
I saw an ad for that last night and what wondering what the point is? Is it just to self-diagnose yourself? Or is it primarily for people with existing heart conditions to be able to monitor? Something like a Fitbit/Apple Watch wouldn't pick this up I guess?

If it's just Bluetooth though, I don't see why it wouldn't work with any Android phone? Unless the app itself doesn't install on your phone?

sswilson

Staff member
I saw an ad for that last night and what wondering what the point is? Is it just to self-diagnose yourself? Or is it primarily for people with existing heart conditions to be able to monitor? Something like a Fitbit/Apple Watch wouldn't pick this up I guess?

If it's just Bluetooth though, I don't see why it wouldn't work with any Android phone? Unless the app itself doesn't install on your phone?

I think it's a little bit of both.

My better half was interested in being able to self monitor as there is a family history of heart/stroke issues. Not much different than having a blood pressure monitor at home.

It looks like it would install on all of my devices, but during my travels I came across a few complaints about fairly new devices running recent Android versions just stopping from working and then Kardia basically wiping their hands of the issue because the device wasn't on their supported list (which apparently gets smaller as time goes on).

Izerous

Folding Team
it is usually really easy to support newer devices without ever doing anything except large changes like the notched screen hitting the market I needed to do code changes for stuff like that. Or safe zones for swipe gestures being added in newer OS revisions.

Otherwise usually supporting newer devices typically super easy and requires often doing nothing.

(Makes me curious as to what they are doing as the app looks like it should be awfully simple)

(Also found out AliveCor is trying to sue apple over having EKG sensors built into apple watch - https://appleinsider.com/articles/2...or-sues-apple-for-alleged-patent-infringement)

sswilson

Staff member
Working on restoring all of my software on a fresh install for my main rig, and what a pita tracking down the update file for my stand-alone version of Lightroom 5. Adobe has basically wiped all references to stand-alone versions, and apparently the only "official" way to get your hands on the update is to go through a support chat (I sat for 30 minutes without being connected to an agent) and hope that the CSR can provide you with a link to the file.

I finally gave up trying to go that route and found what looked like a reasonably unsketchy link from somebody's blog. (I've saved the file for future installs).

There ought to be a law requiring software companies to at the very least provide access to legacy updates if they're still in business.

clshades

Hear, hear! In the end, I just gave up and set my Ryzen box to whatever AMD calls XMP.
I set my 3600 memory to 36 and I set my cpu to whatever it could do all cores stable. Just under 4.4ghz in my case.

Much lower temps on the cpu.

XMP was running temps easily 10c higher with core voltages 1.4+ and I didn't like it.

gingerbee

damn leaking washing machine water connection hose took me quite a while to realize that the damn hose has a crack in the line where it meets the 90 degree fitting what pain in the ass

Shadowmeph

so about a week a go at my work they had a box of lost and found things that have been around for about a year inside was an Ipad a gen 5 I believe I ask about it and know one has claimed it none of there customers which are the only people that ride the handydart busses claimed the Ipad so today after buying a charger cord realized that I need an apple id to use this iPad and in order to get an apple I have to use my Credit card apparently there is no charge unless I buy something from Itunes or what ever. now I really dont want to use my credit card get an id and discover that this ipad wont work so now I have an Ipad that I cannot access. I did play around with trying to hack it a bit but nothing I found seemed to work and I am getting to old to do the hacking like I used to do hehe

clshades

damn leaking washing machine water connection hose took me quite a while to realize that the damn hose has a crack in the line where it meets the 90 degree fitting what pain in the ass
If anyone else sees this post. Take my advice, replace your washing machine hoses with braided supply hoses. The rubber ones are complete garbage. Best 25 bux you can spend. If I even move a washing machine it gets braided lines because I'm the last guy to touch it and I don't want an insurance claim.

JD

Staff member
If anyone else sees this post. Take my advice, replace your washing machine hoses with braided supply hoses. The rubber ones are complete garbage. Best 25 bux you can spend. If I even move a washing machine it gets braided lines because I'm the last guy to touch it and I don't want an insurance claim.
I had a braided line burst on my toilet at 2AM... water everywhere... that was fun! I don't think anything lasts forever, probably best to replace all lines every 10yr or so if you really want peace of mind.

Latest posts

Twitter