What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

Supergrover

I feel that pain, same type of thing with my msi x570, beta fix 1 thing break 2. I am on a semi stable .b for my board and last time I looked they were at .e.
Every now and then 2 of my usb2 ports go out, a quick reset or unplugging my secondary 7inch temps display fixes it.
.a killed all mouse input in the bios as well as removed cool & quiet.....derp

Izerous

Folding Team
Ok so i have not gotten to use the logitech k400+ i bought a while ago until now. Past the Memex Default return stage but it is a faulty annoying piece of garbage. The s key sometimes doesn't register and sometimes when it does i'll get repeating s's until i hit it again. Was trying to type some things on it and it got really frustrating really quickly.

crazyea

Bought an iphone from Telus on BF. An implusle buy.

Requested return information right away, before it even arrived.

Took 3 weeks of emails until they finally sen't one.

Shipped it on the 27th of Dec.

Out for Delivery on the 31st, but Telus requested the package to be held at Canada Post for pickup. I'm assuming they do this to limit the constant trips to pickup returns and have an account for it.

It's now January 21st and it's still sitting at Canada Post, and Telus is sitting on my almost $500 deposit.

Escalating to higher ups has done nothing for me either.

sswilson

Staff member
I've been using the 3DMark Skydiver benchmark as a looped overnight "stress" test for years, apparently I missed this when it was announced. :(

That said... I haven't tried any of them, but I was surprised to find that all of their legacy products are available for download, and they've even included keys to unlock the full versions...

I'm going to have to give some of those a try to see if they bring back any old memories (if they'll even run under compatibility mode)

FreeKnight

Well shit, I think my GPU is dying. Still in the warranty period, but it's not looking like it's a healthy card

Attachments

• 20210123_211646 (2).jpg
    20210123_211646 (2).jpg
    266.1 KB · Views: 15

FreeKnight

Overclocking?
Not currently, it happened the first time when I pressed the 'auto-oc' button on Zotac's firestorm software. Think it overheated during the test. Since then it happened a few times after playing a game and it's been persistent for a day or so now.
Ouch!

Is that the 1080ti strix?
Zotac 2080 Ti Amp. Going to go to memex today and pick up a cheap backup card. Hopefully the RMA is pretty painless. I haven't had to do one with Zotac myself yet, so fingers crossed.

JD

Staff member
Zotac 2080 Ti Amp. Going to go to memex today and pick up a cheap backup card. Hopefully the RMA is pretty painless. I haven't had to do one with Zotac myself yet, so fingers crossed.
Do you know if it has Micron memory? I'm guessing it probably does as my ArcticStorm does which I'm pretty sure is the blocked version of the AMP. I was always a bit fearful of that as I know there was some bad batches and NVIDIA even replaced Micron with Samsung in the FE cards.

Shadowmeph

spent a few days last week converting .hvec into .mkv so that I can watch the last 9-10 eps of Vikings ( at work I have a fair amount of down time ) on my tablet then I thought that I should join all of those files together which took another long while. so today I decided to transfer the joined mkv files to my tablet ... well for some reason I cannot drag and drop those files ,but they play on my laptop so In a sense I wasted all of that time joining the files I am glad I didn't delete the converted .mkv files after I joined them. I hate Hvec I dont notice any different between Hvec mkv or mp4