What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

FreeKnight

Do you know if it has Micron memory? I'm guessing it probably does as my ArcticStorm does which I'm pretty sure is the blocked version of the AMP. I was always a bit fearful of that as I know there was some bad batches and NVIDIA even replaced Micron with Samsung in the FE cards.
No idea what memory is in it. It's happened a few times for an hour or so since the first time trying to use firestorm and this time it lasted about a day and a half (but just triggered while playing Hitman). It's currently back to normal, but I've got the fans ramped up in afterburner to be safe. No OC or anything atm, but I'll still see if Zotac will RMA to be safe. I don't want this thing dying 3 months out of warranty or worse, selling it when I get a 3080 Ti eventually and it dying for the second owner a month later.

djbrad

Mkv and mp4 are a file container, so you won't notice any difference between them if the same video codec is used.
Handbrake will easily batch convert your hevc files to h264 mp4 files.

Shadowmeph

Mkv and mp4 are a file container, so you won't notice any difference between them if the same video codec is used.
Handbrake will easily batch convert your hevc files to h264 mp4 files.
that's what I use but it takes hours on my laptop to lazy to walk over to my PC and do it on it.

clshades

spent a few days last week converting .hvec into .mkv so that I can watch the last 9-10 eps of Vikings ( at work I have a fair amount of down time ) on my tablet then I thought that I should join all of those files together which took another long while. so today I decided to transfer the joined mkv files to my tablet ... well for some reason I cannot drag and drop those files ,but they play on my laptop so In a sense I wasted all of that time joining the files I am glad I didn't delete the converted .mkv files after I joined them. I hate Hvec I dont notice any different between Hvec mkv or mp4
You wouldn't notice it on smaller screens.

FreeKnight

And apparently RMAs now go to the Zotac US center. I've asked for confirmation from Zotac, but it looks like the card is going to have to be shipped to California :S

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
Apparently if you bought from a US-based retailer (Amazon, Newegg, Bestbuy) it goes back to the US RMA center as the card was wholesaled from Zotac USA. If it's bought from a Canadian retailer or distributor it was wholesaled by Zotac Canada and it goes to the Richmond, BC RMA center. I did not know this before today.

JD

Staff member
Apparently if you bought from a US-based retailer (Amazon, Newegg, Bestbuy) it goes back to the US RMA center as the card was wholesaled from Zotac USA. If it's bought from a Canadian retailer or distributor it was wholesaled by Zotac Canada and it goes to the Richmond, BC RMA center. I did not know this before today.
That's kind of odd, as even a Canadian retailer might use a distributor that pulls from an US warehouse? Would have thought it would simply depend on where the customer was located.

Shadowmeph

grrr now for some reason only my laptop can connect to my raspi's hard drive I reaklly dont like networking . before it just worked now for some reason I cannot connect and of course the hard drive that is connected to my raspi has all my backed up gaming files ( plus all my videos) which is allot of gaming files such BS when this for no reason happens

Latest posts

Twitter