What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

Izerous

Folding Team
Finding a truck or suv with a manual trans prefer 4x4 is next to impossible been searching online fore a few days
4cyl Frontiers are about the only ones that actually come to mind that were produced in any volume. The 6cyl ones were almost all automatics with random Pro-4x unicorns that people fight over.

Otherwise manuals are basically dead, CVTs are absolute garbage but they are becoming more and more common and harder and harder to avoid.

Soultribunal

Staff member
Finding a truck or suv with a manual trans prefer 4x4 is next to impossible been searching online fore a few days

Manuals are dying...and I hate every moment of it.

The only used option I would know of would be a Ranger 4.0L. They had a Manual option. Finding one in good condition would be tough though.

-ST

djbrad

so...looking deeper into what's going on with my back and what I thought was sciatica may actually be a herniated disc. doc appointment on Monday to discus. :(
I am in the same situation, hang in there! My doc gave me some pain pills to help me sleep until I can get my back scanned.

Mr. Friendly

I am in the same situation, hang in there! My doc gave me some pain pills to help me sleep until I can get my back scanned.
T3's my doc gave me last Monday don't help at all. but man did they stuff up my bowels :p

tried some THC / CBD gummies yesterday...one of my customers is local to Rupert and runs a dispensary, so he dropped off a couple samples for me to try. it relaxed me, but can't say it did much for the pain. 10mg of THC and 50mg of CBD in the two gummies I took.

gingerbee

personally, I don't find Cbd/Thc do shit for my pain I do find CBD can help me sleep but I am already on nabilone which is fake THC for sleep which only helps some of the time. but I have also found out that what works for all my nerve-damaged doesn't do a damn thing for bone or muscle type pain. hope you can both get the help you need

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Shut down the PC on the weekend to install some new fans AIO fans, and add some thermal paste & pads to my 3080 STRIX. No problems during dissasembly...

Oh wait, the PC wont turn back on...OH MY GOD I JUST FRIED MY 3080. I proceed to lose my marbles. Anyways, I calm down, and did as much troubleshooting as I could, and finally suspect CPU or motherboard just randomly ate it, because;

A) Wont post, no BIOS LED codes either (but fans come on)
or
B) Sits at 00 on the BIOS LED.

I suspect either CPU/Mobo and not the GPU because it does the same two things with or without the GPU plugged in, and I tried another spare PSU with no change, so its probably not the PSU...Anyways, I dont have a way to troubleshoot further than that so I took it to MemEx. $50 diagnostic fee? Seems cheap!

Please dont be the GPU. Please dont be the GPU. Please dont be the GPU...

...They just called me and said its the mainboard. WHEWWWWWWWW....

Now I've gotta find a new X570 I guess...Any suggestions on what to replace this with while it RMA's? Should I just get another Strix-E?

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
While I really liked the Strix-E mobos I've had, I went for the Tuf series this time around. A bit more subtle.

JD

Staff member
Canada Post leaving Sagaths 3080 ftw3 on the front step. It said signature required idiot!!!!!
Due to COVID, I thought this was the norm? I haven't had to sign for anything, even UPS which said "Adult signature required". But I also live in Toronto where we have had the longest "lockdown" of any North American city, and continue to remain as such in this "Grey" zone. I believe I read that it's been 270 days since indoor dining or gyms were open o_O

Latest posts

Twitter