What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

Izerous

Folding Team
In a pinch email fiels to self or upload to google drive then fully accessable from desktop to do what you need

Shadowmeph

yes that is what Ido sometimes but its a huge hassle for me when I dont have a data plan I dont use my phone for the net ever

sswilson

Staff member

crazyea

First World Problems......

Specialty cables / adapters on amazon as a group always seem to have a 1wk+ delivery in spite of being listed as "fulfilled by Amazon". I noticed the same thing when I was looking for USB3 header adapters/extensions.

Are they all still drop-shipped even though they're listed as being fulfilled by Amazon?

I noticed this yesterday as well when I was looking for some Ethernet cables. They lose sales from me because Im impatient and so I just look for a different solution and don't end up buying anything from them.

JD

Staff member
always seem to have a 1wk+ delivery in spite of being listed as "fulfilled by Amazon".
Most of the Ontario warehouses for Amazon are running at reduced capacity due to our PHU's shutting them down. Not sure if that impacts other provinces too or not. All my Amazon orders (even with Prime) are about 1 week now. I believe they also prioritize "essential" goods over "non-essentials". Lately most of my items come from Halton Hills rather than Scarbrough & Brampton (which are much closer to me, but are not fully open).

Soultribunal

Staff member
Most of the Ontario warehouses for Amazon are running at reduced capacity due to our PHU's shutting them down. Not sure if that impacts other provinces too or not. All my Amazon orders (even with Prime) are about 1 week now. I believe they also prioritize "essential" goods over "non-essentials". Lately most of my items come from Halton Hills rather than Scarbrough & Brampton (which are much closer to me, but are not fully open).

The Brampton one had a huge outbreak not that long back. Really cut back on things there for a bit. I'm sure that slowed the whole process down some.

-ST

Shadowmeph

I caught myself for a few days getting annoyed at some young woman babbling about the covid vaccine cases of peoples reactions and her just blindly posting every thing negative about them with out checking facts . the last one she posted was something some one said ( she quoted it .
it was something like
if we had the vaccine why stand six feet apart and why wear masks .that the very short thing she quoted. I was thinking WTH are you talking about the vaccine is not a cure just knowing this answers all those questions. now what my rant is about is the fact that I was going to respond to her on Instagram when I know that she was doing all of those posts for attention. so I am ranting about myself also being caught up in that crap so I stopped . its funny how long it took me to realize what had happened to myself it was so easy for me to get caught in the social media trap I usually dont follow social media I do have accounts twitter fb Instagram but usually rarely go on them until a few weeks ago I was constantly checking my Instagram account .

Shadowmeph

grr had a zoom course and the audio from my laptop to my TV via hdmi doesnt work the audio is blaring away on my laptop and there is no settings on zoom or my laptop that show anything HDMI what a waste if time hopefully I can get that class and download it

Mr. Friendly

grr had a zoom course and the audio from my laptop to my TV via hdmi doesnt work the audio is blaring away on my laptop and there is no settings on zoom or my laptop that show anything HDMI what a waste if time hopefully I can get that class and download it
you have to use the Windows audio settings and pick the HDMI over the system and then it should come over the TV speakers.

Shadowmeph

I look for the HGMI but it didnt show up it actually reset my whole laptop, I messed around to re find HDMI and now my sound is back not sure if it will work in Zoom and I am not sure I want to try . when Idid a quick search apparently its a common issue with this type of simple laptop HDMi to TV setting