What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

gingerbee

yes, I think it is common if there busy I find, but they're not the only ones who do it Canada post did it yesterday.
from what I have seen if they're busy and that package doesn't have to be there till a later date then it gets held

why don't motherboard makers list the thickness of the thermal pads they use so we don't have to make a guess from what folks say online. just would be nice

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
I'm lucky, the purolator depot that this happens at in Edmonton is about 10 min from my place.

I just drive down if its there for a day and doesn't go 'out for delivery' the next day. They're happy to hand it over.

Arinoth

Staff member
Doggo with an upset stomach yesterday, at least there wasn't any vomiting but he didn't want to eat anything until mid afternoon (half a banana) then a bit later he ate about half of his daily food. This morning he ate fine...We are on our 8th food trial with this guy...

crazyea

Doggo with an upset stomach yesterday, at least there wasn't any vomiting but he didn't want to eat anything until mid afternoon (half a banana) then a bit later he ate about half of his daily food. This morning he ate fine...We are on our 8th food trial with this guy...
I would be careful. If you switch the foods too often they can get gastro issues which can present as vomiting, etc. I went through all of these issues with the dog in my avatar. He wouldn't get on with food A, then I went to B, and C and it didn't get better. I spent a few $1000 at the vet and it didn't resolve until I just left him on a single food for a while. Also, when switching food make sure that it is done in a very gradual way because doing it too quickly can also cause these issues.

Izerous

Folding Team
I found with my dog I have to have atleast 2 on hand at all times or she won't eat. Bowl of A, bowl of B, bowl of A etc and I can usualyl get her to eat reliably that way.

gingerbee

I would be careful. If you switch the foods too often they can get gastro issues which can present as vomiting, etc. I went through all of these issues with the dog in my avatar. He wouldn't get on with food A, then I went to B, and C and it didn't get better. I spent a few $1000 at the vet and it didn't resolve until I just left him on a single food for a while. Also, when switching food make sure that it is done in a very gradual way because doing it too quickly can also cause these issues.
My wife is a vet tech he is 100% right about what he is saying about food, you can also cause your dog to have a pancreatic attack commonly called "acute pancreatitis" which is super painful and can kill the dog.

If you're trying to find a food that he can handle very well you should do it with the help of your vet and there should be a 2 week transition period where you overlap the foods. but wife said if your dog has a really big problem with food you should have your vet involved, cause pancreatic problems are pretty common with dogs.

also having 2 foods is fine as long as your dog is ok with it physically and that the dog not overweight/eating. It's fine, loads of animals get bored with one food like our cat she has 2 different foods that she jumps back and forth on.

Hope everyone's animals are ok

lowfat

Staff member
Sigh. Wiped phone to finally install an updated rom. Didn't think to backup Authenticator as I just assumed it would backup w/ Google apps. It doesn't. Thankfully I'm still logged in to Bitwarden on my desktop so I can export my passwords, then just delete and recreate my account. Can't remember what else I use Authenticator for besides my home automation webui, which is an easy fix.

EDIT: But I can't delete my Bitwarden account w/o the authenticator code. UGH.

EDIT2: It sends an email, but the notification doesn't popup saying so on Android.

Last edited:

gingerbee

Omg So this is the 3rd time now my mother-in-law has had an offer on her place only for the person to walk away after talking to the park.
Yes she wasn't thinking 10 years ago and bought a modular house in a park she rents the land, The owner "Carpiet" property management owns the park and they're a nightmare to deal with, it doesn't help the park manager wanted to buy the house way below market value for his own flip and she turned him down after she found out what it was worth, which he wasn't offering.

So now we're to the point of fixing the things that they want upgraded to remove any obstacles from her selling. I will explain she has old windows they want them upgraded which no one has ever had a problem with, none of the buyers cared they were getting a lower price to reflect that, well Carpiet wants them done within 90 days of the closing. That's a lot to ask of people so we're pretty sure we're paying for the windows to get done.

Just so everyone knows they inspected the property and when they were selling/buying it they didn't say anything about these upgrades needing to happen. cause we think the park manager wanted it cheap for his own flip.

everyone has pulled back their offers after dealing with the park manager saying they want too much control, or their timeline is set up to fail which we found out they can fine you for not getting it done in time. not sure if that's legal

So I and the wife are going to pay for the windows, all my mother-in-law's cash is tied up in the property so it's on us to pay for the windows. which really doesn't matter cause was buying a house together so it really just all going into the same pile of money
( mother-in-law has a medical problem, so we need her living with us ) hence the house together.

there my big long rant thanks all for reading lol

sswilson

Staff member
Does Purolator delay putting packages out for delivery until it matches up with the specified date?

View attachment 31789

This isn't the first time I've seen a package languish in the Moncton sort facility for several days... expected delivery date is Thursday so I'm wondering if they'll just sit on the bloody thing until then...... :mad:

edit: Every location seems to have at least one of the couriers who are sub-par.... Seems like it's Puro here in Moncton.

I was patient and waited until the listed "deliver by" date (today) but it still hasn't changed status from the above. Called in and they were going to open a ticket (assign a tracking "expert" in their terminology) that was supposed to get back to me, but that was 6 hours ago with no further contact.

I seem to recall a similar weird tracking from CC on a previous order... it lists as if CC has a local moncton warehouse that Purolator is picking up from. It goes straight from "shipping label created" to "hey, it's here in the moncton sorting facility".

I'll call back tomorrow if I don't get any movement today and see about filing a lost parcel claim if nothing comes out of it by monday.

lowfat

Staff member
Getting sick of this. Broked system tray.
1623964244515.png
And 2 minutes later it is completely gone.
1623964273760.png

And all of a sudden I can't alt + tab anymore. :mad:
EDIT: 2nd reboot fixed alt + tab.

But it seems the taskbar thing is an actual issue w/ the 21H1 update.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Twitter