What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

sswilson

Staff member
Roof's are one of those things that you just can't get away from.... anything beyond 10 yrs is gravy (in spite of the shingles supposedly being rated for 20 - 25 yrs.... :) ).

gingerbee

Roof's are one of those things that you just can't get away from.... anything beyond 10 yrs is gravy (in spite of the shingles supposedly being rated for 20 - 25 yrs.... :) ).
He said we could wait a year max it's not leaking or anything like that but it's old enough that shingles are missing in a couple of spots and to be honest, I don't care because if there was anything to find I am super happy it's something that you kinda know you have to do, We're not upset at all

The bonus is the roof couldn't get simpler to do than our new house and it won't cost much to do so no worries was much happier cause he said the house is in amazing shape, government-owned house's he said tend to be in great condition.

Thanks all

PS we would like to do steel but its semi-detached and I doubt the neighbors would want to do their roof too, maybe later on once we know if they own or rent. need to know who we should be talking to lol

Mr. Friendly

I have two rants today...

in the before times, the doctor usually kept us in the waiting room well past the time schedule. in the COVID times, everything is done virtually and through phone conversations and they call before the time you're scheduled and don't call you back when they should have in the first place!

second rant...why doesn't anyone make a premium 8" tablet? everything under 10" has 720p or worse resolution, mediocre or worse CPU and not enough RAM to do anything really constructive. we have all the large premium devices, but what about those of us that want what is essentially a giant phone with mid-range phone specs. :p

sswilson

Staff member
He said we could wait a year max it's not leaking or anything like that but it's old enough that shingles are missing in a couple of spots and to be honest, I don't care because if there was anything to find I am super happy it's something that you kinda know you have to do, We're not upset at all

The bonus is the roof couldn't get simpler to do than our new house and it won't cost much to do so no worries was much happier cause he said the house is in amazing shape, government-owned house's he said tend to be in great condition.

Thanks all

PS we would like to do steel but its semi-detached and I doubt the neighbors would want to do their roof too, maybe later on once we know if they own or rent. need to know who we should be talking to lol
The biggest issue with steel is if it's sloped towards a driveway.... Heavy snow/ice doesn't melt off of it like it does on a shingled roof... it warms the contact surface just enough that the whole sheet of snow/ice comes down like a guillotine.

sswilson

Staff member
that's my what I am talking about 3g is great it doesn't get simpler than what we got, the good thing is SSwilson its doesn't slop towards our driveway it's front to back so no worries there

Which means it'll hang up there until somebody exits the front door.... ;)

Soultribunal

Staff member
The biggest issue with steel is if it's sloped towards a driveway.... Heavy snow/ice doesn't melt off of it like it does on a shingled roof... it warms the contact surface just enough that the whole sheet of snow/ice comes down like a guillotine.

They put 'breaks' and bumpers on the bottom side of the slope to prevent that. At least all the modern steel roofs I see have it.

-ST

Izerous

Folding Team
it was a little over 10k for our roof and garage and that was a deal, metal was going to be closer to 18-20 some quotes as high as 25 for metal.

Latest posts

Twitter