What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

JD

Staff member
Contact your local public health unit and report it. Assuming there are bylaws saying you need to wear a mask in "common areas", then they should be able to send somebody out to resolve this. I think "private workplaces" have been exempt from needing masks, at least in Ontario, but I'd imagine it's a bit of a grey area when it's a shared office building.

crazyea

They have removed the requirement to wear masks in BC once the state of emergency ended and we entered state 3 on July 1. It is not mandatory anymore, just recommended.

I personally still wear one even though I had Covid and both shots. I have an 8 year old and he’s not protected.

clshades

Yeah its just that the building manager has already spoke with them and they dont give a fck. And exactly, ive seen some real nutters react pretty badly when being asked to wear a mask..
Contact the local health authority and speak with them instead. They've left you no choice. When you email the manager from your personal email BCC your health authority contact and your boss.

crazyea

When we had questions here regarding mask mandates in the workplace, calling the local health authority did nothing. Instead it was workplace bc that handled that. Maybe check into the equivalent in your province.

gingerbee

Got some great news (for me) the house has bell fiberOP and we ordered the 1.5gbps plan and I think we're going to cancel our rogers since all seem to say fiberOP doesn't drop out much if at all.

gingerbee

Damn it, now I have a rant. Got the insurance we need for the house of course, but cause there are 2 aluminum wires we need an inspection done, and we only have 60 days from the 27th of July. Normally I wouldn't worry, but because of covid I can't say for sure we will be able to get electricians in to do it in time. keeping my fingers crossed and we have already started to call around.

djbrad

I understand the pain, most house insurances require an inspection for aluminum wires. If you can find one that does not ask for it, sign it right now.

Desjardins / La personnelle are the only ones that accept my house as is.

Izerous

Folding Team
There are connectors and other things that can be used specifically on aluminum wiring, even aluminum to copper wiring that meet building codes for Canada. A relatives house is like 90% aluminum wiring