What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

lowfat

Staff member
So I use the Youtube chrome app for all my YT playback on my desktop as YT in Firefox ain't great. But now the extensions icon in the menu bar never disappears. And none of the fixes I find actually remove it.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
TBH, YTM has a whole lot more to fix than that. Google doesn't fix or add features to anything.
Google only graveyards projects. Their abandonware is real.

Gmail has been very much the same almost since release. I think their last major 'change' was over a decade ago now.

sswilson

Staff member
To be fair gmail works just fine as it is.

Exactly. This is one of those "don't mess with something that's working" situations. IIRC they did change the UI a year or so ago, and I wasn't thrilled, but guess I got used to the new one over time.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
To be fair gmail works just fine as it is.

Exactly. This is one of those "don't mess with something that's working" situations. IIRC they did change the UI a year or so ago, and I wasn't thrilled, but guess I got used to the new one over time.
I'm not refuting that. I'm also using it as an example to reiterate the point of Google not updating their longest standing (?) e-product, even if (in this case) its the right thing to do.

sswilson

Staff member
Close to 3 years and they haven't even added multiple select. And by the 1627 upvotes, seems like a want of people wanted it. I doubt it will ever get added. Even though GPM had it for at least 5 years.

The spotify forums are full of similar things where suggestions/requests for features seem like no-brainers (both from a user perspective, and relative ease to implement) yet never get actioned.

One of the things I've always wished for in Spotify is a "join" feature for songs in a playlist that would carry through to a shuffled playlist. Some songs just aren't right without the associated song. (Think We will rock you / We are the champions)

Last edited: