What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

Shadowmeph

Fuel prices are just stupid I live in a cheap area of BC for fuel and I still pay ( I have to run high octane 91 minimum ) 1.78 per litre like I said that is cheaper then most places but still that is very high it should be more like 130 for 91 octane they seem to come up with excuses always I guarantee that this long weekend fuel prices will rise at least 8 cents per litre the price gouging if I could I would just buy a motor cycle and ride that instead but BC weather for most other times none summer is Rain also I need to use my vehicle to sit in at work then also even though I can ride a motor cycle I have never had my license for it but I did ride for years without one it should be that a person that has had their class 5 for over 30 years should just be able to walk in and pay for their motor cycle license but it is all a money grab get you learners pay for a course .

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
Got a Costco membership? It's about 10-12 cents a litre cheaper at the Costco gas bars than at your local Shell/Esso/etc. I hear you on the Premium, both of our vehicles require 91 octane fuel.

Izerous

Folding Team
Got a Costco membership? It's about 10-12 cents a litre cheaper at the Costco gas bars than at your local Shell/Esso/etc. I hear you on the Premium, both of our vehicles require 91 octane fuel.
My friend has an couple high power cars they all run on premium. Current gas prices it is a significant difference in cost right now he actually just put a deposit on a tesla. And his last wait at Costco was 45 minutes.

sswilson

Staff member
My friend has an couple high power cars they all run on premium. Current gas prices it is a significant difference in cost right now he actually just put a deposit on a tesla. And his last wait at Costco was 45 minutes.

Yeah, that's crazy. I remember seeing the line ups at one of the Ottawa costcos and thinking how it wouldn't be worth the wait.

Fortunately for us, the new(ish) Moncton gas bar is nothing like that. There's still a wait, but it's usually no more than 3 or 4 cars deep for each 3 pump line.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
I live 8 blocks away from our local Costco. The gas bar opens at 6:30am, 2+ hours before the store opens. Before 7:30am you can usually drive straight to the pump, which I do on my way to work as I start early. Or I hit it in the hour at night after the store closes but the gas bar is still open. And premium used to be the same price as you'd pay for regular at the big chains until a couple years ago, so we were saving $10-12 on six tanks a month between the 2 vehicles. It was worthwhile.

sswilson

Staff member
I live 8 blocks away from our local Costco. The gas bar opens at 6:30am, 2+ hours before the store opens. Before 7:30am you can usually drive straight to the pump, which I do on my way to work as I start early. Or I hit it in the hour at night after the store closes but the gas bar is still open. And premium used to be the same price as you'd pay for regular at the big chains until a couple years ago, so we were saving $10-12 on six tanks a month between the 2 vehicles. It was worthwhile.

And if you get their current CC (keeping it @ zero balance strictly for gas purchases) you'll get another 1% on those gas purchases which would add up to a not insignificant rebate at the end of the year. (I wouldn't keep a balance on it though... terrible card... :) ).

gingerbee

Want to say thanks all for the support and advice when I needed it, We have closed on our new house and got the keys yesterday, Now it is all the mayhem to move us,

Already moved my mother-in-law, it's just my apt that we still have to do, loads of purging left just too much crap lol.

I hope those looking for homes in this crazy market have good luck.

Thanks again to all.

We only buy Costco gas 91 it's always a fair price in southern Ontario plus it's ethanol-free.

Mr. Friendly

it's a crap load of money...but I showed a friend what you get for $1.5 mil up here in Rupert.

that's a nice house and a awesome view and a heck of a lot more than you would get most places. buuut, that does come with the fact you're remote and don't have a lot of amenities the bigger cities do. but the peace and quiet? totally worth it...

Latest posts

Twitter