What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

JD

Staff member
it's a crap load of money...but I showed a friend what you get for $1.5 mil up here in Rupert.

that's a nice house and a awesome view and a heck of a lot more than you would get most places. buuut, that does come with the fact you're remote and don't have a lot of amenities the bigger cities do. but the peace and quiet? totally worth it...
And this will sell for over 2million I'm guessing? At least that's how it goes in Toronto...

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
And if you get their current CC (keeping it @ zero balance strictly for gas purchases) you'll get another 1% on those gas purchases which would add up to a not insignificant rebate at the end of the year. (I wouldn't keep a balance on it though... terrible card... :) ).
Yeah, I do that too. And it gets paid off every payday.

clshades

it's a crap load of money...but I showed a friend what you get for $1.5 mil up here in Rupert.

that's a nice house and a awesome view and a heck of a lot more than you would get most places. buuut, that does come with the fact you're remote and don't have a lot of amenities the bigger cities do. but the peace and quiet? totally worth it...

Freehold can be a pain in the ass to get a mortgage on. FYI.

Herne

Spotify can take podcasts and stuff them where the sun doesn’t shine. But instead they are at the top of my page and I can’t do anything about it.
They are definitely overpromoting their recent large investment, but I would keep an open mind there. Dan Carlin's Hardcore History for example is quite good even if they have a very limited amount.

Herne

The spotify forums are full of similar things where suggestions/requests for features seem like no-brainers (both from a user perspective, and relative ease to implement) yet never get actioned.

One of the things I've always wished for in Spotify is a "join" feature for songs in a playlist that would carry through to a shuffled playlist. Some songs just aren't right without the associated song. (Think We will rock you / We are the champions)
Yeah, I wish you could shuffle from 2 playlists. For example I have Funk heavy one, that could be combined with my Hip Hop one, my Dance / Disco one or even my Northern Soul one to create distinct vibes.

gingerbee

freehold is easier to get a mortgage, its the other one that is harder cause if your bank/lender cant take the land from you too if you default then it makes it hard to sell in the future, we looked at one that wasn't freehold and after running the number, fuck that they make a boatload of money for doing almost nothing.